• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Iron Ranger

South Dakota Pheasant and Duck Hunting

Iron Ranger

A couple weeks ago we drove out to South Dakota to see our new Granddaughter and do some hunting. The Pheasant hunting was real tough this year. We did manage to scratch out our limit after hitting a hot spot late in the day. We hunted nothing but private land also. Our son has a lot of contacts that farm. The duck and goose hunting was terrific though. One of the pictures is what is called a roost. You can see all the ducks on the pond. We did not hunt that. We set up about a 1/4 mile from the roost in a cornfield that was half way harvested. We set out about three dozen duck and goose field decoys in the cut corn and hid a couple rows back in the standing corn. I have never seen so many ducks and geese just pour in the decoys. My son did an excellent job of calling. We hunted in this spot in the early morning and evening until sunset. It was fantastic!!!! The other picture is an old one room school house out in the middle of no where. No signs of any other building. Just the school house. The last picture is our brand new Granddaughter. We are going back out later for the Baptism and more hunting. We drew deer tags and will chase the pheasants. I will never forget how the ducks just poured in the decoys. You could stand in the open and they still would come in.

post-861-0-87671600-1384631711_thumb.jpg

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Iron Ranger

Woops, I don't know why the other two pics did not post. Trying again

post-861-0-69434000-1384632031_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-15413100-1384632194_thumb.jpg

post-861-0-97392200-1384632257_thumb.jpg

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.