• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Weekend coaster

Stocked brook speck trout lake

Weekend coaster

Dear board members

I was wondering if anybody tried black lake down highway 61 and could give information about

Thanks weekend coaster

speckmaster

I fished it twice from shore about 10 years ago with no success. I've heard of people getting some nice fish...I wasn't one of them!

Weekend coaster

I was thinking of ice fishing that lake or chub lake this winter for brook trout

speckmaster

I've heard about many guys having success at Chub. Easy to get to and worth a try I think.

Foozer

I have tried Black three times. Not much success, and only landed aseveral small ones. But I have also heard of some nice fish coming out of there. The scenery is pretty awesome with two high cliffs running along both sides of the lake. We accessed it from the highway 61 side, but there are some connecting trails along the way for the locals to get to from the south gillies roads. Was considering trying it once more this year as it has been about three since I have been there. Good luck.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

sinker7

Have not fished either lake myself...tried to find the trail into Black Lake one fall but was not successful. A few buddies have fished both and the results are similar to those already posted. Chub Lake numbers of 10-12 inchers. Black Lake a little more sporadic action, smaller fish mixed in with the odd bigger fish up to 3lbs.