• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Lyle Reiner

Official 2013-14 Lac Ice Conditions Thread

wampa

I just spoke with Pine Point resort. Conditions are supposed to be good for driving to the shacks that are at the point. They have just got about 1/8" of fresh snow. I'm heading there tomorrow for the weekend.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

dgainer

Not sure how to start a new topic,so I will just add here.

What is the deal with paying at Pine Point now?

I understand people that do not have shacks there pay money to acess the lake.

What about the guys with shacks at pine point?

Lyle Reiner

Not sure about guys with shacks

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

wampa

Everyone pays even if you have a shack. It is $5/person to access the lake from Pine Point Lodge. This also allows you to use the bathrooms there.

Needed the auger extension to get through the ice. Driving a truck (even in the packed down areas) is tricky at best. Lots of people getting struck. Snowmobiles seemed to have no problem getting around and no sign of any slush. Fishing was tough but managed to scrape together a few.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Buck 120

Went yesterday, parked on ice in front of pine point and snow shoed to fishing spot. Snow was packed in the morning but soft and slushy in the afternoon from the mild temps. 4 walleye and a pike between three of us.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Porkchop21

Just returned from pine point. Lots of snow on lake and slush beginning in some spots. Bite was slow, fish weren't biting very hard but was able to land 10. If these mild conditions continue, the lake will be a mess.

hank

Was out from sawmill sat and sun, road good but top crust breaking up one km. out. Also a hole three kl. out but marked. Four " of slush under snow. Able to plow within thirty feet of shack and pulled it off.Road will not last if it keeps getting warmer.Get them off or you will have to wait till the snow melts off.THe two guys with the red track truck are pulling shacks to the road so you can pull them off yourself.Good price and simple.

Guest scavs

We got terry (one of the red track truck phellas) to pull ours to road yesterday, the man is a pure beauty. Go to him if u can before any other on the lake, I've seen some yahoos who will remain nameless crumple some shacks.

speckmaster

Everything was rock solid today. -29 when the sun was coming up. Almost two feet of hard packed snow on top of a layer of snow and slush. Fishing stunk!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Everything was rock solid today. -29 when the sun was coming up. Almost two feet of hard packed snow on top of a layer of snow and slush. Fishing stunk!

ha :icefishing:

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

ROCKWOOD BAIT

It's no wonder Ryan has so many posts.

• Like 2

rockwoodbait.jpg

Sugar Shack

the ice road on lac is in very good shape no water on road can drive right to coffen island take advantage of spring fishing

icehuts.html

Porkchop21

Anyone been out from Gary's lately? Just curious about ice/slush conditions and if fishing has started to pick up at all? Was at pine point last weekend and it was slow!

Porkchop21

Anyone been out from Gary's lately? Just curious about ice/slush conditions and if fishing has started to pick up at all? Was at pine point last weekend and it was slow!

Guest Mattyh

Went out Friday. Fishing was great. Came in yesterday. Road was in excellent condition. Slush is hit or miss depending where ur fishing. No slush around the derby site.

Northoman

Just wondering if there is any one knows the latest conditions of the road? Heading out tomorrow morning, and i'm hoping to drive my pick up on to the lake. Also does any know if there is still a fee for using the access ( just past the beaver post on the hwy) and lake road?

pbear

I heard that some guys were driving their trucks off the ice and going back and getting their sleds. Any updates?

was out on thursday. there are a couple of bad slush holes between birch and sand pt. was up to the running boards on the truck. wouldn't of been fun if pulling a shack off. hopefully they stiffened up.

pbear

The slush holes have not stiffened up , probably similar conditions as in last post. The slush came up about 4 inches around the shack since last weekend.