• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nelson

Legend boats.

Jayfishin

Know some people who do...

Smaller aluminum ones are well made, thicker gauge hull then most.

I have been told that larger, fancier models don't weather as well as other known makes. Carpet etc tends to wear out faster.

Prices look inviting in brochures untill you put a bigger (better mtached) motor on the boat you like. I guy was working with this bought a 17' with a 90 optimax from Norms'in Thunder Bay, He paid $27000 by the time he drove out of the parking lot. I think for that kind of money I would have chosen a Lund or comparable but so far he seems to like it.

If you are shoppin for a boat don't forget to shop on the US side as their are some amazing prices compared to NW Ontario. ie - www.walleyecentral.com/classifiedads

Jay

AB

I'm really thinking about the 18' side console model for a Jan/Feb '08 purchase.

But I was reminded that on new toys, you get dinged for a lot of taxes, and take a huge hit in depreciation as soon as you drop it in the water. :excl:

Legends have great prices in the catalog, until you put a motor on them capable of getting them up on plane with more then two six yr olds in the boat with you.

Like anything else in life you have to weigh the pros and cons that apply to your situation and not someone elses. Its tough to get financing at a decent rate for a used canoe!

The people I know who own Legend boats are very happy with the boat itself, but none paid the listed prices as they wheeled and dealed on the options (motors, electronics etc) to get something that best suited their needs. It always came out higher then the list price for the packages we see in the ads.

Most boats nowadays float just fine, but you need to be sure you can afford to put it in the water from time to time or it will be the most expensive lawn ornament you've ever owned.

Of course you could be like Mahumba and have your wife give you a boat for your birthday, in which case, "who cares how much it cost, she said it's okay!"

In the same boat!(less position)

iceman

Some Old Guy

Yes you could marry a wonderful gal like I did. I didn't expect it but those are the best surprises!

I know a few people that own legend boats but you just can't buy the packaged offered. The great deal comes from under powering the boat. Boats that come with a 50 horse should actually be doubled for proper performance. There goes your savings. They seem to be sturdy boats to me though.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Barrski

I own a Legend 20ft Extreme, all welded haul, 100 gauge aluminum with a life time guarantee.

Good all round boat nice and deep for Superior but still light enough to haul to the Lac, I haul mine all over north too Red Lake to the derby and east to Wawa

Running a 3 year old 150 Mercury Optimax, great on gas

I picked mine up at the Toronto boat show and they were pretty competitive with the other groups

Lund is good but I think you pay a premium for the name

I had mine loaded with two captain seats and three other swivel seats, travel and stand up covers, upgraded fish finder to Lowerance LC20 with built in GPS/map options

Two Walker down riggers tournament series one with temp option

Out the door just shy of $40,000

Barrski