• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crooksyredboat

Black Bay Perch Fishing

Weekend coaster

I actually caught and released a very big lake sturgeon a few weeks ago through the ice on superior it was 48 inches and 30 pounds it wasn't at black bay though. It was released unharmed back down to the depths

Lyle Reiner

how much ice are you cutting through on black bay

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

crazyctr

if you have an extension bring it some places are to much ice but most places you can still get through but its close

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

was out today and found the fish 2 miles farther out the bay kept 27 and released around 40 only kept them from 10 inch and up

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

Are there still plenty of fish at the huts? Hut 8 in particular?

theres lots of fish at hut 8. I moved it out there today gonna move more tomorrow

hbaits.jpg

McGinnis_Fishing

Will be making a trip out soon

Jayfishin

Heading out tomorrow am....:)

Jay

Guest Crooksyredboat

Good luck, I cleaned up today, kept 15 all nice ones at 30ft with a small salmo chubby darter.

Retriever

Two of us were out on Thursday. Fishing started slow but picked up. When the sun came out and the wind calmed down, the bite really turned on. We landed about 60 perch, kept 18 all over 10 inches. Marked a lot on the flasher. We jigged with a 1/8 oz forage minnow and gum ball jig tipped with a minnow. Never changed lures from the blue and white colour. The still fishing lines were also productive. Gary provided us with another awesome day of great service and fishing.

• Like 1

Guest Wes

I'll echo the great fishing and great service. My first time out there and I'll be going back again. Actually it was my first time fishing through the ice in about 12 years or so. I normally enjoy my winters on more vertical ice. :)

Has anyone payed attention to male/female ratio with the perch they are catching. Out of 35 keepers today only 5 males, the rest were female packed full of eggs. I must have inadvertently killed a million perch today.

Wes

Retriever

In regard to the male/female ratio question - out of the 18 perch we kept, 5 were males. The largest fish were all females.

crazyctr

lots of perch caught today was a good afternoon bite lots of nice fish

hbaits.jpg

Phil

We had an awesome day out there today, little cold but the shack was toasty warm. Kids had a blast and we easily landed 60-70 perch. Lots of small ones but some nice size ones too. My Dad will be busy cleaning about 40 perch tomorrow ahahaha, i gotta work. Great service again out there Gary thanks so much. My daughter was having her bath and was still talking about u going to get her mitt she lost on the trail. She wanted to call and thank u she said but i told her i would thank u later so again thanks! See ya again in March i hope.

rehfin

Hey Gary was out fishing on sunday with a couple friends , seen u bringing people in/out on the lake nice rig u have there set up !!

was wondering if u came across a rapala fishing bag full of gear, some how I lost my bag, so not sure if it was on the lake or at the parking lot ? any info would help and be greatly appreciated

Thanks Tomi

• Like 1

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Hey Gary was out fishing on sunday with a couple friends , seen u bringing people in/out on the lake nice rig u have there set up !!

was wondering if u came across a rapala fishing bag full of gear, some how I lost my bag, so not sure if it was on the lake or at the parking lot ? any info would help and be greatly appreciated

Thanks Tomi

Hey Rehfin! Sounds like Gary has you covered.

http://fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com/index.php?showtopic=15044#entry88179

speckmaster

I'm heading out on Monday with a large group with a bunch of kids. Should I bother setting up set lines or just worry about jigging?

Guest Wes

My wife and I had a jigging line and a set line each. It got a little crazy there for a while. Both were producing equally as good. Well on my wife's side of the shack anyway.

Antonio

Going out in a week, anything in particular to use? I have some light jigs, spoons, etc, and will get some minnows.

crazyctr

Going out in a week, anything in particular to use? I have some light jigs, spoons, etc, and will get some minnows.

chartreuse green and white with blue is working and of course my favorite straight hook and sinker

hbaits.jpg