• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crooksyredboat

Black Bay Perch Fishing

McGinnis_Fishing

Heading out tomorrow morning. Hope the bite is on!

Lyle Reiner

Gary, will be calling you this evening. When's a good time?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

crazyctr

Gary, will be calling you this evening. When's a good time?

anytime after 6pm

hbaits.jpg

shmanks

was hoping to get out sunday i'll be calling you soon here gary...how has the fishing been out there?

McGinnis_Fishing

Was out yesterday in The white out. Only us and the mnr out there. We fish 3 hours and caught 50 (our limit) of keepers and let go another 60 or so little guys. There was lots of tiny perch but we also go about 12 over 12". It was an awesome day and i even got a 13" and 11" on the same line at the same time. What a fight!

• Like 1

shmanks

glad i called when i did got the last shack can't wait to go. First ice fishing trip of the year

crazyctr

so whats the best way to get out to you there gary?

fire # 234 on the hurkett loop (hwy 582)

hbaits.jpg

shmanks

Had an awesome time out there caught about 35 perch with 10 keepers along with a 15 pound pike that was quite the fight :) thanks gary everything was great.

the perch we kept were 9"-14.5"(being the biggest :D) all were females.

Here is perchzilla!

5dt0k6.jpg

brookiebuster

Nice!

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

crazyctr

anyone going fishing out on black bay make sure you got real good boots lots of slush around the huts. and as soon as a new hole is made slush starts forming right away we need some warm weather to get rid of some of this snow or real cold to freeze up the slush

hbaits.jpg

James01

anyone going fishing out on black bay make sure you got real good boots lots of slush around the huts. and as soon as a new hole is made slush starts forming right away we need some warm weather to get rid of some of this snow or real cold to freeze up the slush

Ha ha ha... I mentioned something similar a while back (needing cold to help with the slush) and I had a few people correct me - cold doesn't help the slush situation. So be prepared to be 'corrected'. ;)

I cannot wait to get out on Black Bay again... I had alright luck in early January, and I looking forward to warm late winter/early spring days out on Black Bay. And this time I will remember the sunblock and sunglasses.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Antonio

Just got back from Black Bay yesterday. Overall a good trip, Gary was super helpful with everything, from starting the woodstove to drilling holes and helping us get set up. Right when we got out there, Gary moved our shack from the slushy area to a more snowy spot, making the trip that much better. We fished from about 1 p.m. to 5 and landed about 35 fish, kept 18 in the end, the biggest being around 13".

We planned on spending the night, but around 5 a.m. my friend started to feel very sick. One text to Gary, and he was out there in less than 30 minutes, even in the snowstorm. Drove us back to his house, and let us stay in his house till we warmed up. He and his family were perhaps the kindest people we've met.

Despite the setback in the morning, the fishing was fantastic,and the service was even better. I can see why it's always packed out there. Thanks again Gary!

• Like 1

Some Old Guy

About the slush comment.

Leave the snow undisturbed and the slush will not freeze. The water may drain away...........sometimes.

If you pack the snow then that will freeze.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

crazyctr

Just got back from Black Bay yesterday. Overall a good trip, Gary was super helpful with everything, from starting the woodstove to drilling holes and helping us get set up. Right when we got out there, Gary moved our shack from the slushy area to a more snowy spot, making the trip that much better. We fished from about 1 p.m. to 5 and landed about 35 fish, kept 18 in the end, the biggest being around 13".

We planned on spending the night, but around 5 a.m. my friend started to feel very sick. One text to Gary, and he was out there in less than 30 minutes, even in the snowstorm. Drove us back to his house, and let us stay in his house till we warmed up. He and his family were perhaps the kindest people we've met.

Despite the setback in the morning, the fishing was fantastic,and the service was even better. I can see why it's always packed out there. Thanks again Gary!

your welcome Antonio. glad to hear your friend is doing good now

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

About the slush comment.

Leave the snow undisturbed and the slush will not freeze. The water may drain away...........sometimes.

If you pack the snow then that will freeze.

Roger

grab your snowshoes roger I got a couple huts that need the snow packed around them

• Like 1

hbaits.jpg

pbear

Any word on the fishing and slush conditions at black bay. March break is fast approaching and the forecast is around seasonal.

crazyctr

Any word on the fishing and slush conditions at black bay. March break is fast approaching and the forecast is around seasonal.

the slush is mosly froze up and the fishing is good. make sure you have an extension for your auger

hbaits.jpg

pbear

How is the fishing and the slush conditions. Hoping to go out Wednesday or Thursday.

crazyctr

How is the fishing and the slush conditions. Hoping to go out Wednesday or Thursday.

hi pbear the fish are biting lots of small one with nice ones mixed in and theres slush in places but nothing to worry about

hbaits.jpg

gsambray

Got a day shack booked for saturday even though I wanted walleye I gotta go check it out. Its a group of six going and Im sure its gonna be a blast. we were told that the holes will be drilled for us when we go since myself and my fishing partners are stuck in the stone age and only have hand augers. actually the lady laughed when we said we only had hand augers. apparently like 4.5feet of ice? either way Saturday cant come fast enough. Just hope we can find the place. I know you turn off at the first road for Hurkett Loop according to google maps. and it looks like its just past the two 90 degree corners. Is there a sign were to go or just the fire number?

rodman

Best thing to do is just call the person you booked the trip with,just to be sure the plans you made are clear,such as the pre_drilled holes.I know from experience if you booked your trip with Gary or Donna from Hamilton's Bait.a phone call is all you need to find where they are,if he has bait and to put you were the fish are! No one can guarentee that will be biting tho! Hope to see ya soon myself Gary! Jumbo!

rodman

Best thing to do is just call the person you booked the trip with,just to be sure the plans you made are clear,such as the pre_drilled holes.I know from experience if you booked your trip with Gary or Donna from Hamilton's Bait.a phone call is all you need to find where they are,if he has bait and to put you were the fish are! No one can guarentee that will be biting tho! Hope to see ya soon myself Gary! Jumbo!

Grammar and spelling are not my strong suit,hunting fish down are bru hahaha

gsambray

My buddy booked the trip and I believe he spoke with Donna. I didnt realize he got the directions out there till a few minutes ago. Im still bringing the auger. All that ice vs myself and an 8 inch hand auger seems like a good time lol