• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wopfisher

Rabbits

Wopfisher

I wanted to start hunting rabbits and was thinking of going out this week or next I got a few spots in mind but anyone know any hotspots that they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks

Merry Christmas!

brookiebuster

I always see them on Pace Lake road when ever I'm up there. Also saw quite a few up Boreal this season.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Thefishleclair

I saw 2 out towards Shsbandowan. Not a good year up that way. Sad to see the numbers down. Lots of fun to chase em with bow! Good luck where ever you go

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

pbear

There used to be a killer spot up on swamp road. Most successful place for rabbits during fall hunting season. In the jack pines, however not sure where the lynx are in their cycle.

Wopfisher

Alright thank you!

Mr. Canoehead

I'm having a tough time with my rabbit snares this year. I was doing well up magone rd last year but it's not plowed this year. Tried escape Lk Rd but there's just not much sign up there and it's only plowed to about km 2 (as of december anyways). I'm still trying to figure out where to try next. Hopefully I find somewhere thats not too far from town or at least on the way to a good ice fishing spot so the drive is more worthwhile.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Fun to shoot. But they taste like a poplar. Dunno who can eat those. I've let a few walk this year.

I only eat hollow chocolate ones now

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Fun to shoot. But they taste like a poplar. Dunno who can eat those. I've let a few walk this year.

I only eat hollow chocolate ones now

• Like 1

Mr. Canoehead

Youre not cooking them right Ryan. You need to make a proper stew..use a big cast iron skillet bread and brown the quarters in oil then remove. Then add onions or challots until caramelized. Then deglaze with red wine and put the meat back in. Add spices and simmer for an hour. Serve with some nice bread. Theres few dishes in the world I like better.

took much work lol.
I can shoot a road chicken slab it , roll in it onions soup mix , fry it and enjoy.

levi64

took much work lol.

I can shoot a road chicken slab it , roll in it onions soup mix , fry it and enjoy.

Foozer

We roast em with quartered onions and strips of bacon across the quarters.

Not too much work at all.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Mr. Canoehead

took much work lol.

Grouse closed on the 31st. I brought home a lot of them this year, shot my last one on the 30th!

But seriously you're not comparing your fried grouse to my wife's rabbit stew they're not even in the same league. It's like comparing McDonald's and the Keg.

Thefishleclair

After this snow fall and looking in my gun cabinet I think I will take a stroll and see what I can get!! Nuttin like runnin the young popal brush and spotting little black eyes! Snow is still to deep to run arrows!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Wopfisher

Anyone know if dog river road is plowed On the trans canada side

Grouse closed on the 31st. I brought home a lot of them this year, shot my last one on the 30th!

But seriously you're not comparing your fried grouse to my wife's rabbit stew they're not even in the same league. It's like comparing McDonald's and the Keg.

my fired grouse is awesome, although im,pretty sure i could eat a shoe smothered in oinions and soupy gravy.

gsambray

Anyone been out ?

Thefishleclair

Thought about it but.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

milspec

Priority is tagging out early this year. However Rabbit's are on the radar, any suggestings for what to put on the end of my arrows? Blunts? Judos?

Guest 2112

I look at them as a bonus to partridge hunting. Rabbit stew with a side of pan fried partridge and garlic toast... does the body good... and hell, throw in some bacon from the commissary

Thefishleclair

I used the blunts in the winter. Really packs a punch and took out a few. Tough choice between the 2 but for me the whalop of the blunt is better.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB