• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

pbear

Best Sled For Deep Snow and Slush

Porkchop21

All depends on what, if any, type of riding you like to do. I use to have a 121 and got sick and tired of pulling skis every 100ft or so. I'm now on my 3rd mountain sled and will never go back. I have a hard time staying on the beaten path and like to explore and make my own trail, that's where the sled really shines. I go out looking to get stuck sometimes, very rarely happens. I couldn't agree with Levi64 anymore. I have seen a lot of 121's buried in the slush with sleighs over the years and the guy looks like he's ready to have a heart attack. As for riding double, it's doable for sure, I take my girlfriend on the back all the time whether heading into a remote lake or just for a ride, she loves the fact that we can go wherever we want. After I went riding years ago with some friends who had mountain sleds and saw where they went but I couldn't, I was sold 100%.

brookiebuster

I agree that mountain sleds are the way to go. Never have had a problem with slush. Only time I get stuck is on tight trails when doing tight corners.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

McGinnis_Fishing

I agree its better to have the mountain sled just incase sometimes. It just seems like in my opinion a crossover sled will do anythin i need in our region

Some Old Guy

Well I don't have a say which one is the best for slush, all I can tell you is that an Arctic Cat Snopro snowcross 440 ain't the way to go!!!

It's "ok" with just me and the sled. But when I add the sleigh and gear forget it.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

jrock

Just got a used 2010 renegade 550f. It's good in the powder and slush but it's a bit under powered for my liking.

McGinnis_Fishing

Ya the 550 fan is not the best engine. Even the 600carb is a bit better but the 600 etec or 800r is definatly the way to go! Or even 1200 4tec if your looking for a 4 stroke from ski doo