• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrski

New to the area and looking to moose hunt in 15B

Barrski

I recently moved to Thunder Bay and will be looking to hunt in 15B for years to come. I took a drive on the weekend down the Maun lake road and Black Sturgeon area but only came across one recent cut in about 10 km up the Sturgeon. I assume there is more recent cut areas but will need to travel futher up the Armstrong Hwy. Any insight you could share with me would be appricated, I'm looking for areas that have from 1-10 year cuts. I understand if I don't get much feedback the last thing hunters want is another hunter in the area they are hunting. Does MNR have current maps posted in their office of active cutting areas or closed hunting areas?

Guest renegade

May I suggest taking a look at www.ontariotrophybucks.com forums and asking your question, many hunters there. I'm not very familiar with 15B but if you do some scouting I'm sure you will find suitable areas. As far as other hunters, that may well be a bit of learning process as often areas are hunted annually by the same groups and good sportmanship would generally dictate that you stay clear of those areas. No worries, there is oodles of area.

Barrski

May I suggest taking a look at www.ontariotrophybucks.com forums and asking your question, many hunters there. I'm not very familiar with 15B but if you do some scouting I'm sure you will find suitable areas. As far as other hunters, that may well be a bit of learning process as often areas are hunted annually by the same groups and good sportmanship would generally dictate that you stay clear of those areas. No worries, there is oodles of area.

Thanks for the tip; it is the same in the area that I hunted around Mantiouwadge if a hunter is in the area fisrt I back off. We will be setting up camp a couple of days before season so other groups will likely be set up prior to than.