• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

RH.

Sturge lake

RH.

Hoping to go up there for opener, depending on ice conditions. Just wondering if anyone has been up there and checked the ice conditions lately

eyelander

look at the lake on Flash Earth:

http://www.flashearth.com/

just keep zooming in to see if there is still ice on the lake or not.

Where is Sturge Lake again, cannot remember. I don't think I have ever fished it.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Azarius

A friend had been up there 2 weeks ago and the ice was stil pretty deep at that point... I'm thinking everything is hit and miss this weekend.

crazyctr

Where is Sturge Lake again, cannot remember. I don't think I have ever fished it.

how often do they update the images I was up the camp 81 road today and most of the lakes are still full of ice but on flash earth its showing all

lakes are wide open and I know for a fact that they are froze over yet

hbaits.jpg

eyelander

Ya gotta keep zooming in, the zoom bar on the right hand side resets itself as you continue zooming in.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

RH.

Look off of the black sturgeon road area, its beside a bigger lake called shillabeer lake and is just below little sturge and muskrat

Azarius

Flashearth uses BING maps, and are not updated regularly.

Imagery updates[edit]

Bing maps frequently update and expand the geographic areas covered by their imagery, with new updates being released on roughly a monthly basis. Each imagery release typically contains more than 10TB of imagery.

However, the necessary time-lapse before images are updated means that aerial and Bird's-Eye images for a particular location can sometimes be several years out-of-date. This is particularly noticeable in locations that have undergone rapid recent development or experienced other dramatic changes since the imagery was taken, such as areas affected by natural disasters.