• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hookset

Anybody out there?

hookset

Is everybody to busy casting flies to post? I would hope so. How is the season going. I've only been out a few times with the fly. Had a good trip today. Hooked a bunch of brookies and some rainbow as well.

Guest mud trout

It's been a great year so far for Brookies on small creeks. The evenings, nights and mornings have been cooler that usual and there

has been enough rain to keep levels up and the brook trout happy. Dry fly action has been incredible. I've had record days on streams and pools that didn't produce nearly as well in the past.

I did very well on my first outing for Bass last Saturday on Little Dog Lake, four nice keepers ranging from 12" to 16".

Also Walleye and Pike both added to the "fish caught on the fly" list this year. I don't usually target these species, but just wanted to make it happen.

All in all it has been a very good summer and hopefully it continues!!!

brookiebuster

Got out lots earlier in the season but have been busy with work and other things. Brookies have been great this year. Mostly been fishing "the rise" in evenings. Hoping to get out later this week.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Been having decent luck with local bass, specks and bows. Also been busier then I like. Looking forward to salmon soon. Pinks are a hoot. Cohos too.

hookset

I'm going to get out this sunday for brookies. I'm going into my favorite river. I haven't been there yet this year, mostly because of all the rain at the begining of the year. I'm hoping the water level hasn't dropped to much.

flybum

Went to Adrian lake today. Caught about 25 of these little bastards. NO SPECS.

It was disgusting walking around the lake. Garbage EVERYHWERE. Someone took a SH!T right in the middle of the launch . I took home about 300yds of line and 3 red and white bobbers. There was broken glass and cans EVERYWHERE. Garbage garbage garbage... It was unbelievable! Desgusting really...

If you can pack it in, you can pack it out!

post-1898-0-68055600-1407947675_thumb.jp

Squaretail

It's sad when you go into a nice place and it's littered. People don't realize what a good fishery we have around here. No appreciation.

• Like 1

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Damn mule holes. Last time I went it was pretty clean. Only thing I found was turtle shells and the odd lure in a tree. Both of which were fine with me. Always down for some free tackle.

hookset

I've made it out the past two sundays. Sunday before last I hooked into a few, landed one around 11" and had an old spare tipet on that cost me three nice brooktrout and not to mention flies. Last sunday made up for it with some nice brooktrout, no line failures this time. Unfortunately I hooked one far down in the gills and there was no way she would have lived. Nice spawn stock. She was full of those little green beetles. Weebles or whatever they are called.

post-1600-0-54280300-1408498125_thumb.jp

post-1600-0-04100600-1408498307_thumb.jp

Guest mud trout

Very nice Brookies Hookset!

I hiked in to a little round lake in the bog on Sunday, I didn't see or catch anything. There probably isn't any trout in it but it was in trout country and one of those itches I had to scratch ^_^ . It's always a great day when out hunting for Brookies whether thay are actually there or not!

hookset

Thank you mud trout. A friend and I caught eight within that size. They were hitting the streamers hard. Had some acrobatics as well. Nothing better than hiking into a spot unknown to you and hitting it good. I have a streach of stream I might venture into this weekend. Last time I went in they were rising every where. I've never seen specs rise that much. But the water was full of weebles(little geen beetles).

Guest mud trout

Do you have a pattern for those little green morsels? I see them mostly around birch trees, there are planty on my property but I haven't seen a lot on the streem. I'm probably not looking hard enough or noticing them when I should be.

hookset

I haven't tried to find a pattern. A number #14 green ant might work. I've never seen as many as I have this year. I'm not much for fishing a small fly like that.