• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest 2112

GROUSE RECIPES!!!!

Guest 2112

So, last year i cooked grouse the simplest ways and though it was gosh darn tasty i want to really expand what i can do with them. So, if you would please share all of your deepest darkest recipes, i want you to know I will try them all and review every single one! Help a brotha out! Lets talk food!

walleyewarrior

I remove the breasts from the bone and cut them into strips. I then season them in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. I bake them in the over for approx. 15 mins (until the meat turns white). I let them cool and then dip them in batter (flour, egg, bread crumbs) and then fry them until golden brown. They come out moist on the inside and nice and crunchy on the outside. Taste just like chicken fingers. Serve with your fav dipping sauce.

Thefishleclair

I like to slow fry it in cast iron with butter and pepper.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Iron Ranger

Fillet the breasts off 3-4 partridge

Fry 3-4 slices of bacon till crispy, remove from pan, leave the fat in the pan

Roll the breast pieces in flour and brown in the pan.

When browned put the pieces in a baking dish, add 1 1/2 pts. Whipping cream

Cover and bake about 45 mins.

Riesling wine goes real good with the meal.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

johnr

Partridge and dumpling stew....Pluck and gut the whole bird. Split the bird down the spine[cut in half], season some flour, coat the bird and brown both sides in a large pot with butter and olive oil. Add onions quartered. Add red or white wine to deglaze the bottom of the pot once the onions are golden then add carrots, potatoes and turnip coating with the liquid and browning on low heat. Cover the contents with water and simmer until fork tender. Add flour/water to thicken and then ad dumpling batter. Cover for a few minutes until dumplings rise and ....holy crap! Takes approx. 40 minutes

Happyjack

Anyone smoke grouse? We just got a new smoker and my boys want to smoke anything and everything.

MR.SAFETY

clean meat off bone.take and place in large ziplock bag and pound out till very flat and thin.coat in flour then egg wash then seasoned bread crumbs. fry in hot oil in a pan. don't need much oil as meat in thin. fry till golden brown only. on a bake sheet place fried meat on it with pizza sauce on top spoon it on for even spread.bake in oven for 12 mins at 400. then take out and add mozzarella cheese and parm cheese (shredded).turn oven off and put back in oven till cheese is melted

cut meat into strips (like chicken finger size) coat in flour in a separate bowl mix mustard and beer. 1\3 beer 2\3 mustard coat meat in mustard then back in flour. fry in Crisco oil(doesn't burn a easy a other oils)be generous with oil to cook evenly fry for approximately12 to 15 mins till breading browns. good served with thai spicy chilly sauce or which ever dip you like.

my favorites for grouse good for spruce too...

MR.SAFETY

forgot to add whip beer and mustard till frothy you want bubbles in the mustard. and for the kids the alcohol burns off or use near beer if you want

gsambray

cut meat off the bones and fry. make a grilled cheese with the fried grouse in it. eat and enjoy

Foozer

Tonight's dinner was this.

Partridge parmesan.

Delicious.

post-1593-0-85548800-1412465135_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Guest Beamer

Before I do any grouse recipes, I separate the breasts from the bone and soak them overnight in a zip lock bag with enough buttermilk to cover the meat. The Buttermilk breaks the tough fibers in the meat down, then simply rinse them off and make finger, stew with dumplings or what ever you will never have another tough grouse breast doing the buttermilk soak. Works on any game meat and doesn't add any flavour it just breaks the fibers in the meat down.

Bottom Bouncer

Like Beamer says, take the meat off the bone and soak over night in buttermilk. The next day I prepare the breast in a bowl with a creamy Caesar dressing of your choice. You can cut the breast into strips or pound them down or leave them full size, what ever your prefference is. Once the the meat has a light coating of dressing I pick each piece out and place them in a mixture of flour and Killer Crumbs from Maltese Grocery. I mix them 50/50 to cut the crumbs and make for less breading. You can also use Shake and Bake Southern Fried crumbs which are great tasting also and require no flour. Then I fry them in oil just like walleye fillets.

REELBAIT

Guest cm961

I find they are amazing no matter what I do but here's one I've used over and over. It's just a chicken chilli substituted with grouse. Spruce or Ruffe both good.

http://foodwishes.blogspot.ca/2012/11/white-bean-chicken-breast-chili-change.html

Also any other recipe off that guy's blog is amazing, but he doesn't have much for game meat since he lives in the heart of san fran and doesn't fish or hunt.

Pete