• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gsambray

deer calling

gsambray

So I tried calling when I found some fresh tracks. It was a doe estrus bleet. It definitely got his attention but I think its too early yet cause he wouldn't commit. I sat there and listened to him circle me a few times in the heavy brush. I did get a quick look when he trotted through some raspberry cane. Nose up sniffing the get my scent. No shot available but I still wonder if I had some doe scent if then he would have committed. I also tried a rattle bag in a different spot with no success.

MDR

I was calling every 20-30 mins or so this past weekend. No such luck. Too early if you ask me.

Mr. Canoehead

I was using a grunt tube this weekend (set to imitate a young buck). I was blowing every 20 mins after an hour of sitting in silence. I started hearing deer moving soon after I started calling. On the 3rd time I used the grunt a large deer spooked from very close to me. I had no idea it was right there under my nose. Didn't get a good look at but I'm thinking a buck. I guess it lured him in but maybe sounded fake from so close or maybe he saw me. Instantly snorted and took off. I tried some light rattling too the next day but no results.