• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cribby

Deer feeders or food plots for hunting agree or disagree?

Cribby

I'm curious to know how the hunters on this site feel about them?

I'm against food plots but on both sides of the fence for feeders.

salmonider

I my view, both are excellent ways to supplement the animals feed especially late season and great hunting tool. One thing about hunting whitetail deer, is that most productive areas occur on private property which a hunter may only have acces to a small chunk. In the case where deer rarely visit a property that u have access to, your only option is to bait or plot to keep them in the area. Deer never make a corn pile they're primary food source, frankly I find most of the time they get tired of it after a while, and use it only to supplement they're diet. These areas also hold deer in an area longer offering the hunter more opportunities to make a clean ethical shot, unlike tracking an animal and making a chaotic running shot. I'm not saying tracking isn't a good hunting technique, I shot a nice antler less this season with the bow after a long snow track, but generally it causes more wounded animals. I believe to each his own if someone's baiting is causing you problems, learn to use it to your advantage maybe set up on a trail leading to the bait site. And just because you are baiting deer doesn't by any means guarantee u a monster buck. I find my self the largest deer avoid bait sites. Just my opinion

Practice CPS, catch , photo, stringer.

ok, calm down I'm kidding!

Cribby

Monks, I'm not trying to win anything I am trying to see how many people agree with plots and baiting and how many are against. I am seeing a lot of negative comments and people just lashing out to get another post on the board. I commented in deer feeders, because the original poster and her husband are very new to hunting deer, so she said. And she wanted to go straight to baiting deer without trying to hunt in the old manner of walking or patterning and learning about the animal their hunting. I figured by getting some people posting VALID pros and cons they may change their way of looking at deer hunting.

Sorry if you can't think of these reasons to make a VALID post to maybe enhance a new hunters experience in the woods hunting.

Regards

Cribby

arvey

I have a couple of feeders and from past experience I don't think it's a big advantage other than this year. the past 2 years I was hardly getting any pics. near my feeders ,were as in the past 300 on 2 cameras in a week was not unusual of coarse there was double ups. this year it got way more active . I have sat in a blind or a stand through cold , rain , snow and you could burp , rattle , can call , fart scream ,what ever you wanted and nothing no matter how much corn you put down. yet across the road from the camp they where all over the place. just cause you have a feeder doesn't mean you'll bag a deer. having a trail camera or feeder is like having a fish finder there they are now get them to bite.

Cribby

Is the bush different on the other side of road? Like ceader or pine? or is there something else at work over there? like a cut or grass ect? Seems odd there is a difference just across the road.

gsambray

I hunt both. Over bait and not. And honestly the only difference I've noticed is that the deer seem to hang around in the open a bit longer after first light.

• Like 1

Monks

Monks, I'm not trying to win anything I am trying to see how many people agree with plots and baiting and how many are against. I am seeing a lot of negative comments and people just lashing out to get another post on the board. I commented in deer feeders, because the original poster and her husband are very new to hunting deer, so she said. And she wanted to go straight to baiting deer without trying to hunt in the old manner of walking or patterning and learning about the animal their hunting. I figured by getting some people posting VALID pros and cons they may change their way of looking at deer hunting.

Sorry if you can't think of these reasons to make a VALID post to maybe enhance a new hunters experience in the woods hunting.

Regards

Cribby

Wow,

Jeckel and Hyde??

You call people "Lazy Asses" in the previous post where someone simply asked about feeders, and now want VALID responses!? Hunting the "Old Way"? So let me guess you hunt with a rifle you "lazy rear end" lol. Seriously. So because I bow hunt I assume all rifle hunters are lazy asses... definitley NOT. So what if their new to hunting and start off by using a feeder...you know nothing of their upbringing or knowledge of hunting. At least their trying to learn and asked a valid question in which you were the negative one. You want some valid posts make some valid remarks. You start out critiquing a hunting style and then now back pedal. The only valid point you have made is that you have no valid point.

So yes read some of my posts in the hunting section, I offer lots of VALID advice. Ironically you on your first few posts did nothing to enchance a new hunters experience.

As for your Original question to this post. I could care less about feeders, foodplots, firearm of choice, or how one chooses to hunt. Hunting is a priveledge not a right...and I have no right or opinion on telling anyone how to hunt or fish as long as they are following the regulations that we must all follow.

• Like 4

Cribby

Looks like you are a TBF warden on this site. I read through my posts and to quote me it was "LAZY PEOPLE". I never called anyone an rear end. And as for jeckel and hyde, Sorry if peoples post change the way other people view a subject. Exactly what I wanted other posters to see with VALID comments has slightly changed my view. Also a wise poster sent me a message that made me think, and allowed a great old family friend to take a beautiful buck.

So if that is not the reason people read these posts, what is? I thought this site was here to educate hunters and fisherman and bring all views forward for others to see. So they may better their hunting experience?

I'm done with all the name calling in these posts, I have bettered someones hunting experience by allowing him to sit on anothers bait. And I do feel real good about it, having him sit and hunt over a feeder. A huge buck was the result and a very happy old timer.

Sometimes to get the guy that has great ideas but doesn't post them, needs a bit of fire put in the thread to get him to respond.

Regards

Cribby

Dirttracker18

Looks like you are a TBF warden on this site. I read through my posts and to quote me it was "LAZY PEOPLE". I never called anyone an rear end. And as for jeckel and hyde, Sorry if peoples post change the way other people view a subject. Exactly what I wanted other posters to see with VALID comments has slightly changed my view. Also a wise poster sent me a message that made me think, and allowed a great old family friend to take a beautiful buck.

So if that is not the reason people read these posts, what is? I thought this site was here to educate hunters and fisherman and bring all views forward for others to see. So they may better their hunting experience?

I'm done with all the name calling in these posts, I have bettered someones hunting experience by allowing him to sit on anothers bait. And I do feel real good about it, having him sit and hunt over a feeder. A huge buck was the result and a very happy old timer.

Sometimes to get the guy that has great ideas but doesn't post them, needs a bit of fire put in the thread to get him to respond.

Regards

Cribby

Actually in post #6 you specifically said

"Ya stop hunting over :ph34r: feeders lazy asses."

In addition you took my post and attempted to twist my words to fit your own personal view.

• Like 3

The Great Outdoors

Cribby

Hope no feelings have been hurt in the two threads If been posting in. I see I have caused a real ruckus on the page. Mr canooglehead, I only made my post to be like a mentor to you, just in case you didn't know there are awful people out there that will do thing like, steal and vandalize others stuff if you talk bad and call names to them. As for me I was actually expecting the posts to get worse than they did.

Dirttracker18, I am so embarrassed, you are absolutely right.

I apologise and your all still my best cyber buddies. Till next post take it easy.

Iron Ranger

Hope no feelings have been hurt in the two threads If been posting in. I see I have caused a real ruckus on the page. Mr canooglehead, I only made my post to be like a mentor to you, just in case you didn't know there are awful people out there that will do thing like, steal and vandalize others stuff if you talk bad and call names to them. As for me I was actually expecting the posts to get worse than they did.

Dirttracker18, I am so embarrassed, you are absolutely right.

I apologise and your all still my best cyber buddies. Till next post take it easy.

My aren't you full of yourself.

Mentor???? Who the %%%% asked you to be a mentor?

From your first post on you have called people names and antagonized people. In my book you're nothing more than a horse's ***.

• Like 2

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.