• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

mikejson

Lac Ice Conditions 2014-15

scandiman

Easy solution to losing rod down the hole, and I speak from the experience of having a rod taken down the hole; if ya gotta walk away and you know there's big gators in the area, set your drag really really loose so the fish runs your line not your rod lol

Some Old Guy

I almost lost one at lac years ago. Made the grab as the butt was going down the hole and got a 20 inch walleye.

I also loosen the drag or use an elastic that's wrapped around the rod just above the first eye that I clip the line into and leave the bail open. This way when I set the hook you don't hear the scream of a loose drag!

Roger.

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Phil

Scandiman your right should defiantly do that and thanks for the straight reply. Also to the other responses your right that it escalated quickly. It always escalates quickly on here because someone always makes a jerk off response. All I did was give an honest report on the conditions and fishing report which could potentially save someone from having a shitty experience and you get someone making stupid comments. Yes it's disrespectful and unnecessary so why shouldn't I be annoyed? Because I said something to someone who might be your friend or acquaintance? Sorry to all honest people not trying to get a rise out of others for getting off topic. Again trucks can't go everywhere as if Tuesday.

• Like 3

Lyle Reiner

Holy guys. We need open water like now. Lol

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Tj420

I ws out there all weekend. U can drive anywer. But if your driving off the ice road to the right of it. U will get stuck. Right side is the snow bank from the old ice road. Stay away or find an open pocket. Ps fishing was awesome

Tj420

I seen truck driving to crap, lonely pines and mistake point on Sunday

Phil

TJ420, sounds like conditions changed quite a bit in two days. We didn't get stuck in the snow bank it was a big drift that had gotten soft in the warm weather. Sure wish we had your luck or been able to fish where we wanted cause we did terrible.

Foozer

Was out Friday.

Landing starting to deteriorate. Lots of trucks heading on and lots of shacks coming off.

Plenty still to come which will beat up the landing real quick.

Road was rough in spots and we were on and off of it as needed. Overall, lots of ice but it'll be difficult to get on and off.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Foozer

Double post.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

manthew

I was out yesterday as well and I concure with everything above. The landing was a mess. Fishing wasn't the best. Lots of tiny pickeral and a couple pike. 4-6lbs. Saw an open water spot near Birch island. Might be a spring or something as I saw lots of bubbles coming up.

pbear

Hoping to make it out tomorrow. Is the landing to the point where you might get stuck or should someone bring out sleds or quads?

Foozer

I'd say it's border line.

After each vehicle breaks through the crust the next guy drove out wider and wider.

Mornings are probably better when it's stuff but it was messy leaving at 5 yesterday.

I'm sure many more went through today and it's not going to get any better.

We seen a bunch of quads and sleds on the lake all day. I'd like to go one last time next weekend and think it'll be a sled for us.

mitch

I pulled my hut off today at 3pm. every thing was frozen tight, was able to drive over the snow drifts. stayed way off the beatin path, was no problem at all. landing will be rough by next week.

offroader

Drove all around Sawmill by 4-by today...solid ice. Fished Savanne R. mouth...results: 6 pike. I wish that after 25 years of fishing Lac that our party could catch 100 (or so) pickerel in an outing !

happy-wink-smiley-emoticon.gif

Dirk Diggler

Just looking for a quick update on Lacs ice.

Bringing my 2 year old daughter out to our shack past Sand point and don't want to run into a super sketchy drive with her in the truck. Mostly want to try and avoid any bumper deep water and slush/snow drifts.

Thanks.

WalleyeWayne

We were out on bikes on Saturday and everything was solid. Lots of ruts, but basically you can drive anywhere on the ice, with a truck! We stopped at Birch Island for about 1 hour. The ice was so thick we were only fishing in 1.2' of actual water. We moved towards Sand Point to set up behind a shack that was in 6' of water and again only fished in 1.5' of water because of how thick the ice is. There were trucks well past Sand Point and it there was any issue, it was getting traction on the snowless ice. It was cold, windy & snowy on Saturday which may have slowed things for us, but it sucked none the less.

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

I'm on my way out now...will post photos and update later tonight!

fishman1

Ice depth on lac???? Some people say 4 feet, some say 30 inches.

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

I didn't measure ice but would say between 3 and 3.5 ft thick.

Ice conditions were the best I have seen in years. Can pretty much drive anywhere and solid!

Fishing for us was slow. Only brought three fish home. Mised 5, 3 of those being snap offs by something big...most likely pike.

post-11908-0-14343500-1428379782_thumb.j

post-11908-0-40592800-1428379884_thumb.j

post-11908-0-21985600-1428379956_thumb.j

post-11908-0-23729700-1428380022_thumb.j

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

Moved shack in to birch for last cpl trips out. Hopefully the bite picks up over the next few days!

manthew

Didn't need an extension when I was out. Looks like whatever snow was left has melted too now