• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

mikejson

Lac Ice Conditions 2014-15

Guest DarrenRackShack

I would have helped ya Lyle. It was hard to find anyone out there Christmas Day! Would have been a long walk home for sure. Lol

Guest DarrenRackShack

Looking at going out Saturday...maybe figure out the stupid diesel heater and get some fishing in.

How's the road now?

Lyle Reiner

And I appreciate it immensely Darren!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

McGinnis_Fishing

Looking at going out Saturday...maybe figure out the stupid diesel heater and get some fishing in.

How's the road now?

The road is in good condidtion! The cold weather made it pretty solid.

Domer

You guys need to try fishing where nobody is around. Those sugar shacks are placed in an overpopulated area. To much traffic and noise. We went out on Saturday with 8 guys and had out limits by lunch easily. I believe u need to try different spots all the time. So far been out 4 times, fished same spot twice. No monsters on Saturday but the lines were dropping steady. Exploring new spots will get the fish on the ice. Coffin island was awesome fishing when I was the first ice shack at that island. Now I call it money island or party island. Fish are far and few in between. If u fish the front side not where sugar shacks are during the week you might do alright.

Try to be mobile, fish where nobody is around,your results will be better.

Dom

• Like 1

shmanks

had a pretty good outing yesterday between the three of us we caught 12 walleye and 5 pike with 20.25" being the biggest caught by me and today from 9am-11am we caught 5 more walleye and I caught a 22 incher. Threw back the big guys and we ended up with 2 limits. Had a great first trip of the year.

Tj420

My hut is in the middle of sugar shacks. I do great all the time. But theres times wer its slow.over populated try fishing derby site or sandpoint. U cant even pee with out people watchin u

Some Old Guy

Hi Domer.

I don't think Sugar Shacks are placed in an over populated area. Isn't Archie the first one in that area? Then others set their shacks up around?

Roger.

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Domer

I am talking about coffin island and it was in 1997. We had our shack on front side and he later set up on the back side.

Some Old Guy

Totally lost me there! Haha.

1997-2015 is 18 years later.

I haven't been to lac in about three or four years so I don't know where the populated areas are.

Roger.

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

From birch to carp is populated

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

ribneck

Is the lake still drivable off of the plowed road ?

Domer

Yes. He sets up behind coffin and people follow suit. What I am saying is that there is way more people than there is fish there. Also I was saying that when I put my shack on that island in 1997 it was unbelievable fishing. Now with all the traffic, plowed roads and constant traffic and noise, fishing in those populated areas has drastically dropped off. Back in those days we would drill our holes and by the time we got all the lines in there would be at least 4-6 fish on the ice. Now it is a slow bite. This is why we move around. No noise, no people, more fish.

• Like 2

Sugar Shack

I agree also the less fishermen in one area the better fishing it is good to move around but when you rent a hut you don't have much choice but we always get some fish some days are better than others

icehuts.html

pbear

How is the road out to coffin? Do you need chains to get off the main road because of drifts?

Tj420

Two bad spots on the road mckay point blowing in and just past derby site. Blowing like crazy past two days. Archie bin plowing like carzy. Gd luck drivin off road even with chains. Ps Fishing not bad. Biggest so far 8 lber

Porkchop21

Anyone been to Pine Point lately? Thinking of going out there Saturday for the day.

Wopfisher

Was out at pine point last weekend managed to get 4 walleye through the ice on Saturday but that was it

Mr. Canoehead

How is the road out to coffin? Do you need chains to get off the main road because of drifts?

Was out there yesterday afternoon/evening and we were able to drive anywhere we wanted off the plowed road. Tried 6 different spots not a single mark or bite.

• Like 1

Mr. Canoehead

Was out there yesterday afternoon/evening and we were able to drive anywhere we wanted off the plowed road. Tried 6 different spots not a single mark or bite.

hank

We were out Fri to Sun. No fish until Sat. morning but lots of hits. Just as everyone was heading home around noon they started to hit. We got a 14, 16 and a 19in. within 45 min. Just as a heads up we are driving way too fast on the lake, water is coming out of our holes when trucks drive past. We know the road will not last if we don't slow down.

Foozer

Anyone been to lac this week? Ice road conditions? Pine Point landing ok? Snow?

Should be taking my 5 yr old with me for her first trip of the year.

I'd rather spend it fishing and playing with her than shovelling slush out from under the truck.

Thanks.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Tj420

Well the road was blowing in. Till archie came out lastnite. Two bad spots again blowing mc kay point snd just past derby site. Two wheel drive now. Thanks. Archie!!!!!!

Guest DarrenRackShack

I was out saturday afternoon till Sunday afternoon, road was great on the way out. Dug down to ice to drill holes, everything was solid...then sunday there was lots of slush by the shack and parts of the road were slush. They were out there plowing a new main road in some spots. Thank you to those with plows that maintain the ice road, greatly appreciated.

Fishing was slow