• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

mikejson

Lac Ice Conditions 2014-15

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I have had a CO tell me you can have a fire directly on the ice as long as you are burning only wood, and you clean it up so it isn't a hazard for anyone else.

ribneck

That may be the opinion of one CO but I wouldn't chance it

ribneck

Unauthorized filling

27. (1) Except with the written consent of the Minister or an officer authorized by the Minister, no person shall deposit or cause to be deposited any material, substance or thing,

(a) on public lands, whether or not the lands are covered with water or ice; or

(B) on water or ice covering public lands. 2010, c. 16, Sched. 10, s. 4 (2).

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Well can't argue with that. Just goes to show that a CO doesn't always have the answers.

hank

Thanks for the input. I think I'll give the C.O. that gave me his card last time out. I'll ask him. He's the one that has been out on the lake, so I'll get back to all after we talk.

j.klister

I think that unauthorized filling regulation as strictly interpreted would also prohibit summer campfires where one is technically depositing wood and ashes (which are a material substance or thing) on the ground, so if there is a law against fires on ice I don't see how it could be that one since one is allowed to have campfires

hunt or be hunted

Theirs no law preventing u from legally having an ice fire, I've been stopped many times over the last 20 years and every CO will say the Same thing that it's not illegal but u have to clean up the un-burnt logs after ur done, I've got an old long time freind of the family that I've hunted and fished with for almost 30 years, he was an MNR Fire supervisor for 20 years and then became a CO and he has said the same, hell I've even had fires on the ice with him out fishing on and off duty! The above post about filling refers to putting and leaving stuff behind on land or water that doesn't or it didn't exist their, Example John smith builds a permant dock at camp and puts in a pile of rocks to lay the dock on or brings in sand for a beach and it extends out into the water, thats filling by putting sonething in that never exited their in the first place. Now if they have changed the law and it's more defined and specific to actully not being able to have a fire then please correct me.

Foozer

Interesting discussion.

And..... How's the ice? With the warmer temps early next week I think I'll head out.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

wampa

Almost time for the auger extension.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

AmateurHourAngling

How's the fishing?

-JADEN

AmateurHourAngling

How are conditions? How's fishing?

-JADEN

AmateurHourAngling

How are conditions? How's fishing?

-JADEN

Guest tbayfisher99

Road is completely drifted over. Barely got back out. Fishing was slow. Several smaller walleye and a few decent pike. Feb 11

Sugar Shack

The road will most likely be open tomorrow we have three plow trucks going out tomorrow we will try our best

icehuts.html

Fishbum

how are the conditions off the road any slush anywhere or are you still able to drive off road with full size 4x4 ?

Tj420

No slush anywer , lots of snow i wouldnt risk it to drive off the ice road. Well no ice road yet there plowing now !! Ps great fish the last two days

mikejson

Road was plowed past sand by the time we left yesterday around noon. I think they will be cleaning it up a bit more but trucks will have no problem right now.

Tj420

Road is gd to go, fishing was gd wed , thursday, friday, shitty on sat and sunday

hank

Any news on the road out past Birch island? Is it clear and in the same location it was a week ago? Do we need to plow into our shack if more than 50 ft. off the road? We are 3k from landing.