• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

mikejson

Lac Ice Conditions 2014-15

hank

Time to jack up the shack's, eight inch's of water on the ice Tues.

post-3224-0-56871600-1425490805_thumb.jp

Tj420

Nothing around mine,depends on snow load around huts once u drill holes around water comes up

Lundy

If anyone is looking to get their shack towed off this year I have a track truck and will be doing some towing. If you want to get ahold

Of my for details/availability call or text me 626-3779

Porkchop21

Any fishing reports? Headed out sunday. Can't decide between pine point and sawmill bay. Usually do better at pine point but not sure if it's worth the further drive.

AB

Any fishing reports? Headed out sunday. Can't decide between pine point and sawmill bay. Usually do better at pine point but not sure if it's worth the further drive.

I fished Pine Point on Sunday (Mar 1st). I headed out, and right from the access point in between the shacks. 21 to 29 FOW.

Fishing was slow.......I came home with 1 fish, and threw a bunch of undersized fish back down the hole. Didn't see anyone running out of the 10 shacks I could see to their outside lines.

I have to say its a bit of a shame, Pine Point never used to have any shacks set up on it, all walk on / drive on day trippers like myself who don't have sleds and as the snow depth increases, limited accessibility.

The point is now ringed with ice fishing shacks. If you get to close, they get down right belligerent.

I spent an entire day listening to the constant drone of a generator. Now for all I know, the person inside needed the generator running all day for his portable oxygen machine.....but for 10 minutes while he shut it down for refueling it was nice and peaceful....with only the wind in the pines to listen to.

good luck!

iceman

Porkchop21

Thanks for the report iceman. I usually go right at pine point as well and do decent. I always go down far enough to get away from the shacks for the same reasons. Maybe I will rethink my destination for sunday but if I do go, I'll post results. I do have a hard time burning the $20 just to park my truck so the fiancée and I can go fishing for a few hours now....

ty16

I'll be running my generator all weekend.The brier is on and I love fishing and watching the curling, it makes for a great day.

• Like 2

wampa

I fished Pine Point on Sunday (Mar 1st). I headed out, and right from the access point in between the shacks. 21 to 29 FOW.

Fishing was slow.......I came home with 1 fish, and threw a bunch of undersized fish back down the hole. Didn't see anyone running out of the 10 shacks I could see to their outside lines.

I have to say its a bit of a shame, Pine Point never used to have any shacks set up on it, all walk on / drive on day trippers like myself who don't have sleds and as the snow depth increases, limited accessibility.

The point is now ringed with ice fishing shacks. If you get to close, they get down right belligerent.

I spent an entire day listening to the constant drone of a generator. Now for all I know, the person inside needed the generator running all day for his portable oxygen machine.....but for 10 minutes while he shut it down for refueling it was nice and peaceful....with only the wind in the pines to listen to.

good luck!

iceman

It's a big lake, why do you feel the need to fish so close to someone else's shack? Would you pull your boat next to another and fish right beside them in the summer? If you don't like it go somewhere else. Or better yet, buy yourself a snow machine and you can go far away to enjoy your peace and quiet.

• Like 1

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

AB

That's a great point Wampa......

Now how would you feel if you went out fishing and found a bunch of folks had anchored their boats in fishing spots, then swam back home at the end of the day, so they could come back in a few weeks and go fishing again?

Lac is a big lake, and some places have traditionally become small villages each winter. They are generally further away from the general access points, requiring a little more horse power than the old two foot power to access.

I have no concern about ice shacks in general.....just the attitudes that some owners display on public property.

iceman

hank

Since this site is about ice conditions, here they are. We went out Tuesday to spend the night and then take the shack off Wednesday morning. But it rained Tuesday morning for an hour or so and had water all around. Too slippery to walk around and fish safely. It turned out to be a beautiful day but I don't think the landing will last with this heat if you want to get your shack off on your own. Good luck to all.

thebugcollectors

Anyone know how the road is out to coffin?

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

road is gone, it flooded. mostly deep ruts with water and ice . deep ruts!!

you have to drive to left of road on snowmobile trail, today the lake stayed hard from the wind , once it warms up i dont see trucks getting too far.

got stuck for a while today.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

thebugcollectors

Planning on heading out sat early morning.. Hoping for the best thanks for the heads up

Sugar Shack

I don't know what they are talking about stay off the main road things are good only 4 inches of snow on lake and is hard as rock

• Like 1

icehuts.html

Tj420

Yup couple days of warm, then cold = perfect conditions lol ,,,, at lac right now lake is rock hard!!!!Ps fishing is awesome landed 7 allready today biggest 7 lber eh!!!

• Like 1

Sugar Shack

Some huts have water all around them just drive slow there is a road to sand point

icehuts.html

Thefishleclair

Ewwwwwwwwwe

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

pbear

This is only my second spring at lac. When do you think guys need to be pulled off. I'm pretty sure my sleds won't pull the shack so I have to try with the half ton.

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

I was out there yesterday and I too got stuck twice! Yes there is a hard packed area right beside the old road but don't venture off too far because like I said I was stuck twice. It wasn't anything crazy and I got out in 15-20 minutes both times but still wasn't fun. So my advice is stick to the two wheel ruts that are beside the flooded old road and you should be fine.

The fishing for me was exciting, running to the lines non stop for the few hours i was out there but all dinks. I got snapped off four times tho which Im thinking were pike! Brought 5 14-15 inch walleye home

ty16

And the annual panic starts...Ha!

Guest Pa1m3r

2wd drive all the way to coffin. Don't go on the road and your fine. Headed out tonight (Friday)

fishergirl78

Just want to send out a big thanks to Archie, and Gary for giving us another great year of plowed road access to the shacks!

It is a privilege for our family to be able to drive out to the shack in a heated truck every time we go out, and don't think we don't appreciate it

fishergirl78

Just want to send out a big thanks to Archie, and Gary for giving us another great year of plowed road access to the shacks!

It is a privilege for our family to be able to drive out to the shack in a heated truck every time we go out, and don't think we don't appreciate it

Thefishleclair

Yes. It is great that they keep roads open. I enjoyed it greatly this year. Now if the can get the bite to be a little better that would be great!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB