• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

mikejson

Lac Ice Conditions 2014-15

pbear

Fishing by the derby site was slow today. We pulled off the shack and was able to do it in 2wd. We stayed completely away from the plowed road area and there were no issues.

Junior

I'm thinking about heading out to Lac this week but I don't like taking my truck on the lake.Just wondering if it is better to take my Sled or Quad? I usually go on the ice at Sawmill Bay and fish a couple of spots past Cauffin Island.

Guest Mattyh

Quads would be better I think. Everything was rock solid this weekend. Seen lots of bikes out there. And not to much snow left.

Thefishleclair

Take yer bike unless we get some great warm days. Drive truck pretty much anywhere out there.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

walleye warrior

Anyone know if the conditions in sawmill are still good for a truck or atv? Plan on heading out tomorrow and friday. Do you need an extension out there?

Thanks

Fishbum

Ya was wondering the same thing. Plan is to head out on fri and pull the shack... Any body take on the conditions for a 1/2 ton off the ice road is it okay to drive all over with this cold ? ... Or would it be better to pull shack with quad ?

Guest Mattyh

I can't see conditions changing much from last weekend with it being nice and cold every night. Half ton should be fine for most of the lake and pulling a shack. Shouldn't need a extension.

Sugar Shack

came off today ice condition no change from last weekend still need your extension trucks where driving anywhere Friday minus 21 overnight fishing was good especially at sand point not to good at birch yet

icehuts.html

Johnnyreid

Had great day in between birch and sand point. Probably landed close to 100 walleyes in 6 hours between 3 of us. Caught one nice 29 inch female and 15 to 20 in the 23 to 26 inch range. One of best days out there in a few years. Friends of mine fished the evening bite there and said the action dropped right off but released two really big fish. Another group I know decided not to fish with us and went to pine point. They left with 10 fish between the 4 of them. Hahaha. I suspect they won't be going back there. God bless lac

Porkchop21

You guys did way better than us! We went to pine point as well, ended up with only 4 keepers between 4 guys......C/O was out checking everyone, nice guy. I may have to venture out from sawmill bay next time, sounds like you guys did awesome!

Porkchop21

Any reports on conditions from today? Can't decide if I should bring the quad or sled after this snow. Any fishing reports?

Porkchop21

Any reports on conditions from today? Can't decide if I should bring the quad or sled after this snow. Any fishing reports?

rodman

Drive your truck to Sandpoint and enjoy some warmth and good tunes!...besides whiteout earlier ..fishing was good and road is perfect!

Foozer

Anyone been out lately?

Will be going out from Sawmill this Friday or Saturday, but wanting to know if I need the sled, or if I can just drive on.

If the truck gets on, can you drive off the man road?

Any info on ice and/or road conditions is appreciated.

Thanks

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Jerr454

Conditions are great no water anywhere. U could drive truck anywhere. Talked to archie today he just came off the ice. 4" of fresh snow so sleds should b fine too

• Like 1

pbear

How was the fishing. Hoping to take the boys out for one last kick at the can.

Porkchop21

Was at pine point monday. Can use either sleds or quads. Even a few trucks out. Go anywhere.

manthew

Might be a stupid question but do I need my extension on lac. Planning on heading out Friday for one last fish or two or four, before the season closes.

Phil

I wouldnt say you can go anywhere with the truck at all. The warmer weather the last few days has things softening up on top and the fresh snow are actually making it difficult if you ask me. We tried heading east of the road just past birch and got hung up in a huge snow drift almost right away and with quite a ways to get to where we wanted to fish we decided against going on. By stuck i mean had to shovel and front end was hung up in that sugary snow. fished just off the road a little ways up on the west side and considering what time of year it is we did awful. 6 or 7 walleye and same maybe more gators. Two jigging rods got ripped down the holes and 2 other close calls so lots of big pike were lurking. Tons of ice but can make it with no extension, bring a shovel! If you stay on the packed road you should be ok but to get off the beaten path sleds are the way to go.

bin fishin lots

I always jig with my jiggin rods. Never get ripped out of my hands or down the hole. Must be big pike.

• Like 1

Phil

I always jig with my jiggin rods. Never get ripped out of my hands or down the hole. Must be big pike.

Funny guy or just hard core? Never stop for a piss, eat,drink, talk or check other line? You must be really fishin lots. Good for you, after the first one went down i said wow never happened to me but i have seen plenty. The second was in a rod holder and still went down. Your eithner joking or just dont fish as much as your name says to not have seen a rod go down or not even close. Regardless thats whats up out at Lac from a guy whos fished the lake for at least 28 years and i still wouldnt call myself a veteran cause theres people with way more experience than me that i wouldnt wanna disrespect.

scandiman

Funny guy or just hard core? Never stop for a piss, eat,drink, talk or check other line? You must be really fishin lots. Good for you, after the first one went down i said wow never happened to me but i have seen plenty. The second was in a rod holder and still went down. Your eithner joking or just dont fish as much as your name says to not have seen a rod go down or not even close. Regardless thats whats up out at Lac from a guy whos fished the lake for at least 28 years and i still wouldnt call myself a veteran cause theres people with way more experience than me that i wouldnt wanna disrespect.