• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
randomheroj

Trailcam troubles

randomheroj

Does anyone have any life hacks on how to keep your batteries from dying in the cold other then buying the solar panel charger?

TroutHunter

You could try switching to lithium ion batteries

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

fishingfinn

External battery pack is the way to go. From my experience Lithium Ion batteries don't do well with the cold. I've been using regular duracells so far, and no problems with the temps we've been having.

Kaptain Kirk

I am using duracell and Ever Ready rechargeable ones to, and The Duracells out last them by about a week, or so. But There is no Cost on Rechargeable ones, besides recharging them.

Kamhillbilly

I have mine on external battery in insulated box , never lasted more than a few days on internal batteries.

Guest Beamer

Mine has been going since August with the 8 internal AA'S(Duracell) and the external battery pack, over 4 thousand pictures, checked it today and it said 70% battery life left even with the cold temps

randomheroj

ya i ordered an external battery pack.. thanks guys..

Adrian

I am using duracell and Ever Ready rechargeable ones to, and The Duracells out last them by about a week, or so. But There is no Cost on Rechargeable ones, besides recharging them.

The trouble with rechargeables is that they are not available in 1.5 volt. Only 1.2 volt. If, for example, your unit needs 8 batteries (any size), that is 8 x 1.5 volts equals 12 volts. With rechargables, it is 8 x 1.2 volts equals 9.6 volts. Even with newly charged rechargables, you are already substantialy lower in power than standard batteries.