• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BirchPoint2014

insulated toilet seat

BirchPoint2014

i'm looking for an insulated toilet seat, for my outhouse at camp to help out on some cold winter mornings anybody know where they sell them?

BirchPoint2014

CEO & COO of Birch Point Resort 

Kashabowie, ON

pbear

This might not answer your question but the best thing I've seen is a piece of blue styrofoam with the hole cut out in the middle. It heats up instantly and you can remove it at the end of the year. To put the lid down, just put the cutout back in the hole ( make sure to cut the hole at an angle with the tip of the knife slightly angled inwards). Just make a loop out of some rope and you're good to go.

Resource Pimp

I seen the manufactured stryrofoam toilet seats at Maier hardware on algoma about a year ago. pricey tho, close to $30. I'm with pbear, cut one out, your a$$ will thank you. instant heat when you sit down

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

BirchPoint2014

thanks guys

BirchPoint2014

CEO & COO of Birch Point Resort 

Kashabowie, ON

Mr. Canoehead

I have sat on a piece of hard cell insulation in the middle of February and I can tell you it feels nice and warm!

eyelander

Another thing you can use is the roll up bed matting for outdoor camping. You can get it from Gear Up For Outdoors. It is usually blue in colour, about 2 feet wide and 6 feet long, and is 1/4" thick. I have used it for lying down for a nap on the ice and to add extra padding in something that needs more padding. It is super soft and pliable and you can easily cut it with a pair of scissors to any shape you like. Just use some rubber cement to glue it to the hard plastic toilet seat and you should be good to go.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Retriever

I definitely agree that the blue or pink hard cell styrofoam insulation is the way to go. We've used that design for over a decade at the deer camp outhouse and also have a portable moose camp version. All user comments on it are positive - Why didn't we think of this before?

We've changed the outhouse seat a couple times over the decade of use. We've learned that the critters love it as well and stain it so we cover it up with a piece of plywood when we leave deer camp.

tracker

We have used the insulated store bought seat in our camp outhouse for one winter but we found that underneath, it will frost up in the minus temps. We now just use the blue hard cell and hang it up when not in use. It will frost up if you leave it covered up.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{