• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
naden

arrow lake ice

gsambray

Sure was

McGinnis_Fishing

We noticed all of a sudden you left early. glad to hear you had a good day. Our day was similar. Slowed down shortly after you left. We stayed for a while though to enjoy the nice weather

jason

I went yesterday and the fishing was decent from 10am till about 2pm. Wind was brutal but at least it was warm. Was able to come home with limit and I talked to some very nice people too. Thanks for the info gsambray it was really helpful.

McGinnis_Fishing

Hows the fishing been? Will be heading out tomorrow afternoon after some speck fishing in the morning. Typically i find the morning bite is always the best there! Any tips for afternoon fishing? Will report how we do tomorrow evening

McGinnis_Fishing

Fished from 10:30-3:30 and came home with 3 limits of lakers. It was a good day, as for the specks we got a couple but it was slow!

gsambray

How's the slush? Going Saturday

McGinnis_Fishing

Just got off lake. Wasn't bad this morning but definitely starting to slush up now.

How was the fishing?

McGinnis_Fishing

Good to hear!

xf800

Hi I have never been to Arrow Lake before. I was looking at Google to see how to get there but was not too sure I saw some camps and don't want to go where I am not allowed.If someone would like to pm the directions on how to get on the lake I would greatly appreciate it I will be on foot.

Thanks for your time

Stephen

Trout Wrangler

ice conditions?

Trout Wrangler

ice conditions?

Mr. Canoehead

I was there yesterday, plenty of ice which is mostly clear (I did not measure). There is patch of open water where the narrows meets the lake but all around it is still thick ice.

Fishing was very slow the only reason I stuck around is it was so windy I didn't want to leave the shelter. The only lakers I marked were tight on the bottom and they would not follow my lure up no matter what I threw at em.. Ended up hooking a very large one right off the bottom around 5pm and after a big fight lost it trying to get it up the hole.

I sure lost a lot of lakers this season, starting to wonder what am I doing wrong?

McGinnis_Fishing

Took the girlfriend out yesterday and conditions were good for walking as everything was frozen solid from the night before. The fishing however was slow (dead!) we fished for 3 hours without a bite or a mark on the flasher. Big change from last weekend! Fishing from 30-60 fow. Maybe the fish were more shallow? Any ideas?

gsambray

Try 10-20 fow that seems to work for me. Every time I go I noticed I had to go shallower each trip out

Guest fish_slayer

I have always had my best luck in under 30fow my best day ever out there was 22fow 4guys limits in 2hours never caught any whitefish though.

Mr. Canoehead

Took the girlfriend out yesterday and conditions were good for walking as everything was frozen solid from the night before. The fishing however was slow (dead!) we fished for 3 hours without a bite or a mark on the flasher. Big change from last weekend! Fishing from 30-60 fow. Maybe the fish were more shallow? Any ideas?

Nice to meet you Young Gun. I had the lake to myself all afternoon after I saw you guys.

McGinnis_Fishing

Nice to meet you Mr. Canoehead! How was the fishing after we left?

Mr. Canoehead

It was totally dead. Finally hooked a really nice one maybe 6-8 lbs on a yellow and white jigging rap which I was bouncing on the bottom. It managed to spit the hook after a few attempts to get it through the hole!

McGinnis_Fishing

Well atleast you saw some action!