• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest About Time

Bird hunting..

Guest About Time

Hey guys,

I don't hunt, but was out on the wolf river today, down Hurkett Road, and was taking some of the dirt side roads (Towards the river), and saw alot of game birds....

don't even know if ur allowed to hunt there, but hopefully it gets someone their limit.

AT

Guest sibermage

I'm not too familiar with areas outside of Thunder Bay. Where abouts is this?

I'm new to hunting and went out Sunday Morning on Boreal Rd & Monday evening on Adrian Lake Rd. I only saw 1 grouse on Sunday and that was it.

Anyone able to give some pointers on when to hunt and where to look? I'm going to try some areas by Sturgeon Bay down Walker Rd next Sunday.

Any advice is most appreciated. :D

Thanks.

Guest About Time

I'm not too familiar with areas outside of Thunder Bay. Where abouts is this?

I'm new to hunting and went out Sunday Morning on Boreal Rd & Monday evening on Adrian Lake Rd. I only saw 1 grouse on Sunday and that was it.

Anyone able to give some pointers on when to hunt and where to look? I'm going to try some areas by Sturgeon Bay down Walker Rd next Sunday.

Any advice is most appreciated. :D

Thanks.

Hey! as i stated, I don't hunt, and i don't even know if the rules allow you to hunt there, but if you head east out of tbay on the 11/17, keep driving till you hit dorion and then cross the Wolf River... right after the bridge, there is a dirt road on the right (called Hurkett road I think, goes to the Hurkett Cove conservation area), take that and i believe it was the first and second dirt road on the right where I saw the birds... they looked similair to this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...-chukar-001.jpg

hope this helps...

AT

Guest TerryK

Hey! as i stated, I don't hunt, and i don't even know if the rules allow you to hunt there, but if you head east out of tbay on the 11/17, keep driving till you hit dorion and then cross the Wolf River... right after the bridge, there is a dirt road on the right (called Hurkett road I think, goes to the Hurkett Cove conservation area), take that and i believe it was the first and second dirt road on the right where I saw the birds... they looked similair to this

hope this helps...

AT

Be careful where you hunt out that way guys, lots of private property. As far as where to hunt grouse, this area is swarming with them. You can go just about anywhere for good grouse hunting. Just find suitable habitat at go to it! I live in the Current River area and I get them in my back yard.

Guest sibermage

hope this helps...

AT

Thanks. Before I go somewhere, I always check to see if the area is crown land. I believe that is a picture of a partridge. Can anyone confirm?

wampa

That is a Chukar not a grouse. They must be escapees as they are not native to this area. I don't think there is an actual season for them so I think you can shoot as many as you want cuz they likely won't survive the winter.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Guest About Time

Ummm, you better learn how to identify your targeted species before you go blasting away!

IPB Image

IPB Image

HEy guys, my bad, they looked more like the pics Terry posted...I don't know sh*t about birds, sorry!

Guest TerryK

HEy guys, my bad, they looked more like the pics Terry posted...I don't know sh*t about birds, sorry!

lol, sorry Tim, I thought it was sibermage that put up the picture. I guess I didn't read your post correctly. My bad. I'm going to blame it on age!

Guest sibermage

lol, sorry Tim, I thought it was sibermage that put up the picture. I guess I didn't read your post correctly. My bad. I'm going to blame it on age!

LOL. I knew that wasn't a grouse. I may be new at hunting but I deserve some credit... :P

Guest About Time

LOL. I knew that wasn't a grouse. I may be new at hunting but I deserve some credit... :P

:D I DID say I knew NOTHING about birds... LOL... NOW, if it was a Pickeral on the trail.. well, I'd poopy poop myself, cause what the HECK was he doing on a trail???? :D