• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Big Moose

Can today possibly get any gooder???

Guest Big Moose

This has been the single most awesome day of the year so far,I'd say it's better than landing a world record fish or shooting the ultimate trophy animal It's kinda like winning the lottery.

So today starts with a flurry of activity when we all over slept a little, Almost causing my daughter to miss the school bus. But that was taken care of quite easlily with lunch made last night saving valuble time in the A.M.<-- Ahhh Bullet #1 avoided)So figuring there's no time like the present I try to start mudding the walls in the house getting it ready for paint yes paint(Zimmer, This is why I'm missing the fall SSS) I start searching for the mud I know I have... But to my surprise there it was gone. So, I have no mud,But, I need mud.Jump in the truck going to get mud on my way to H,D.I can hear a slight ticking coming from the right side cyl.head. Hmmm sounds like a lifter tick or a rocker arm to me, No chance that I'm low on oil it's all good.After arriving at H,D. I decide to double check the oil to be sure, As I said before it's all good. I now have the mud<-Bullet #2 dodged) Now I'm headed for home still ticking and now a miss every once in a while.Upon arriving at home I decide forget the mud my baby needs a good look over so after some careful investigating I need to do a top end rebuild on old clip clop.<--Bullet #3 hurts a little bit $) So I take my sorry mule inside with a long face I try to explain to the Warden that I need to dump more money into the "pit"as she calls it,Well she don't care at this point all she wants is the mud on the walls, Fine and dandy I'll mud the darn walls alright, I open the tub of mud to find the sloppiest goopiest mud I've ever seen, This is not good.Whatever I'm not driving all the way back there to exchange it so I use it anyway,ARRRGH should've went back and exchanged the mud because it's gooped everywhere but by now the walls are done.I'm outta here I need a BEER or 10 to calm the nerves.So when I come back from my liquid supper and I'm getting to the front of the house I can smell skunk and it's getting stronger and stronger and stronger I open the front door and theres the warden waiting with that look they get from time to time.She says to me can you smell it? I says smell it, I'm tasting it what the hell happened? She then informs me that the dog was sprayed by a God Damn F%&*ing C*ing son of a B<?!H skunk !!!!! So how happy am I right now? I can tell you this I feel like DANCING.(Actually I feel like drinking my face off but thats just SILLY).

How was your day??

INSANELY HAPPY,

Big Moose.

Some Old Guy

Ummmm Mine is starting off good.............

But Moose think of it this way. It could of been a whole hell of a lot worse than that. It could have happened to me!

Hope your day gets better.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Bear

Here is the way I see it...it was a test, you will be rewarded for your bad day somewhere along the way....

Bear

Guest Wes

Hey Moose, I can sympathize and relate somewhat...

For the last 3 weeks (due to limited time available for work) I have been renovating my bathroom. We have an older home that had cast iron stink pipes. Well when we returned from our honeymoon the main stack split below the toilet all the way down to the basement. It was like a punch in the face when we got home.

So the work begins...A few road blocks but the work continues. I replace all the plumbing get the water turned on and test all the drains. Numerous times. Everything is dry so let close up the floor and finish this thing.

Few more road blocks and workarounds and I finished up last night. Bathroom looks awesome. I wash the tub, fill it up to above the jets and turn on the Jacuzzi to flush the jet and pipes. Everything OK. Oh Yeah I used bleach in the water to kill any bacteria.

OK so I pull the plug the drain the tub....ALL OVER MY @#%&@ COUCH! the drain leaked and went through the ceiling below. WTF?

So I am pissed. I tested this before closing the floor. So now I start the living room reno...F@#K! I am not going to redo the bathroom so I am going from below the tub to fix this problem. Holy Smokes was I flippin mad!

So yesterday wasn't such a good day for me either. I have no beer in the house either. Could have drunk a pail or 2.

I forgot to mention that the tub was the only fixure not replaced. I cut the plumbing after the just before the tie in with the sink. That tub was installed by my father when he owned the house before me. I guess I should have at least replaced the drain assembly and 'P' trap. Oh well, live and learn I suppose.

Guest Big Moose

Amen Brother,

I see we're both up stinky old sh*& creek without any paddles.So now that we've established that let's get some brewski's into yah.

Well I guess I should mention that from previous experience Tomato juice doesn't work at all but the Hydrogen peroxide,Vinegar,Baking soda and some lemon juice works wonders it's just the fact that it's a "HANDS ON" practice that sucks.

Good luck on your renos Wes and glad to see I'm not the only one with an odour to take care of.

Big Moose

Buck 120

Another thing that works wonders (did on both of my dogs) is "Skunk'd" a shampoo you can get at the Paw Spa on Hodder Ave.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Gone8to1248

i just got home tonight from doing some work for a company up in northern Wisconsin and let me say today startted out reeal GOOD! I locked my keys in the truck so when I went to get my tools out of it I couldn't get in! One of the guys say's "doesn't that have ON STAR ON IT? They can unlock it by sattelite. I said only if you activate it which I hadn't! The he says thats why you should have a spare key hidden on it. I said I do have one! The problem was it was sitting on the dash because I hadn't put it anyplace yet! Luckly I was next door to a GMC dealer so I walk over there to see what could be done. They said no problem we can stamp out a key with the VIN Number. BUT!!! In order to do that I needed the registration and proof of insurance, and my drivers License FIRST. Now I don't know where those people keep all of thier papers but mine are in the glove box INSIDE of the truck, ALong with my wallet! They felt sorry for me I guess for being so dumb that they made the key and openned the door so I could get all the information out for them! happy to report now truck has 2 spare keys in magnetic boxes on it! LOL The day got better after that.

Bernie

Smokey

How was your day??

INSANELY HAPPY,

Big Moose.

Hmmm mines sounding pretty good now. Hope today went better for you.

Mike