• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Weirdest thing you reeled in while fishing

Guest Guest

Just want to start a topic on what's the weirdest thing you have ever reeled in while fishing? Mine was a skull of a cat while fishing in the Kam. In Lac I once reeled in a rusted out transom mount minnkota motor. What was yours?

Guest Dobsey

Well I'll say when I was little, 7 or so, I casted out into a river near long lac and let go of the rod and there it went. The next day we went into the lake that the river goes into in a canoe and I cause a new rod (wasn't the one I lost though)

Guest loggerpete

Pulled up a fillet knife once,nice finn one.Hooked a beaver once while speck fishing.

Guest GC 54

I was ice fishing out in the open on Lake Simcoe with my dad when I was young, about 10 years old, using a Williams whitefish spoon and I was able to land the inside portion of a galvanized minnow bucket. It was hooked through the metal tab that opened the lid to the bucket. I still remember my dad telling me that I let out the minnows while I reeled up and the lid came open, what we (I) thought was going to be a huge lake trout. We were fishing over deep water. My dad used a spud to make the hole in the thick ice big enough to bring 'my catch' through.

Another time my buddy and I were fishing at Wilkes Dam in Brantford, casting from the apron of the dam. He hooked the bottle cap on an unopened bottle of Nesbit orange pop. And landed the bottle even in the fast current below the dam. I think he still has that bottle of pop. We often talked about that catch.

gc

Guest TerryK

I also hooked a beaver (in the tail ) at the mouth of the Current River. Boy was he pissed off!!

Castnblast

1) icefishing Whitefish Lake - New Shimano Calcutta baitcast reel & Berkley IM7 rod

2) Harmon Lake - Graham - Caught my stepfathers rod & reel he lost in the lake 3 years earlier.

3) A 5 lb walleye in Ferguson Creek

4) The weirdest...Hazelwood Lake - 4 puppy skeletons and a field stone in a burlap bag.

cnb

1) icefishing Whitefish Lake - New Shimano Calcutta baitcast reel & Berkley IM7 rod

2) Harmon Lake - Graham - Caught my stepfathers rod & reel he lost in the lake 3 years earlier.

3) A 5 lb walleye in Ferguson Creek

4) The weirdest...Hazelwood Lake - 4 puppy skeletons and a field stone in a burlap bag.

cnb

Guest Munshaw

A dead bear, with the hide peeled off that had been...well... "stewin' a few days" in Wabinash Lake.

Pleasant. <_<

Wildcat

Caught a old rod and reel by the welcome islands, the penn reel that was on it used two wing nuts to hold the reel on

Some Old Guy

I have caught fishing rods before too. But the weirdest things I think I have ever caught while fishing was:

1, A seagull that pounded my floating rap while I was getting a sandwhich. I thought I had a fish but then when you see your line going up.....

2, I was snagged in shallow water in Ranger Lake near Sault St Marie and I went in to try and get my lure and I was snagged on a 20hp merc outboard and near it was a 9.5 pumpkin head Johnson. I brought both into the police station and I think it was 6 months later I got a call seeing if I wanted the Johnson. Somebody claimed the Merc but I got the Johnson.

3 My dad in the back of the head with a big rap. Man I hate it when there's no where to run in a 14 foot boat!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Zen

Weirdest thing you reeled in while fishing

I caught a nice pair of sunglasses

Once I caught a bottle of beer but i was over my limit and had to release it B)

Guest Beamer

A DOWN RIGGER WITH CABLE,ROD REEL AND LINE WITH LURE ATTACHED AND A PIECE FROM A FIBRE GLASS BOAT ATTACHED TO THE DOWNRIGGER ALL BROUGHT UP WHILE ICE FISHING ON LAKE SIMCOE

Guest John

As Roger caught a seagull on a floating rap I had an owl come and grab a floating rap. Owl flew into the woods and put quite a fight on. We went to shore and my older (and less smart) brother got out. He went up to the owl and as I kept the line tight he was able to pull the hook out of its talons. Must have not been into the barb.

Guest Big Moose

Not me personally but I watched as a friend reeled in an insanely bloated skunk with it's head stuck in a peanut butter jar in the North Current River. Now that stank is something that lingered for awile...

Cheech

Two years ago we were fishing Flatrock and one of the guys in the boat thought he had a snag but it started moving away.He finally got it up from the bottom and it was a huge snapping turtle. What a prehistoric looking animal.Long claws and ugly.We were going to cut the line and when he got it to come up a second time the hook came off and it disappeared into the depths. Poor guy was so tired fighting that turtle.

Guest The Duck

While casting a spoon into lake Superior once ....a big common merganser flew by and got caught in my line as the cast went out. He was rocketing downwind at full speed....maybe 60 to 80 miles per hour!

My reel was on free spool.....

My hand was so bruised I couldn't feel it for a week....

The drag was absolutely useless afterwards...

The bird put up one hell of a fight, vicious actually...we were pretty much toe to toe for the last bit.

Took me quite a while to get the cleo out of his wing.