• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Foz

Grouse hunting

Foz

My dad and uncle went out Tuesday. They said they saw 6 got 3. They were up on Boreal by Swallow lake. Just wondering if anyone else went out and how they did.

johnr

Dorion cutoff.......more hunters than birds.......Went fishing up Manchester road to tease and wolotka lakes and saw a total of three spruce hens all day. Great day though......gotta love September and October!

gsambray

Went Tuesday boreal road after work. A trail about 6 km in from highway. Took longer to drive there and back to town than it did for my limit.

nwodeerhunter

A buddy and I went out Tuesday morning. Saw 14 and got our 10 in 3 hours.

Tikka T3 Stainless/Laminate 300 WSM
Tikka T3 Stainless/Synthetic .243Win
Benelli Supernova RealTree APG 12Ga.

CoryCo

Went Tuesday morning up boreal. Got 8 all within an hour. Seen about 20 didn't shoot the spruce hens

Nnev

Went for about an 8km walk. Shot a family of 4 spruce hens and a partridge to finish the limit right at the truck.

Dirttracker18

anyone think candy mountain area is good?

Almost all private land and the small piece of crown seems to be land locked. There really is not place to hunt, although I have seen people that appear to be hunting from the road in trucks. One guy stopped at my driveway when a big one was standing there. I stepped out so he could see me and he took of.

It appears people are road hunting (which would be illegal) or shooting off of private property (also illegal).

My kids play out in the yard, please people, go to safe areas to hunt.

• Like 1

The Great Outdoors

Spectre

Went up boreal Saturday and by Sunshine on Sunday, 4 birds each day. Woulda had more if I had stayed out until sunset. Still pretty thick and all the birds had berries it the gizzard so the only reason for them to come out to the road is for stones at sunset I guess.

pbear

Went out 527 after supper. No problem getting a limit. Lots of spruce hens grouped together.

Foz

My dad is headed out to camp 45, anyone been out there? I'm not looking for any specific details as he has been there many times before. I am just curious as to how it has been?

Dirttracker18

We were in the area of camp 45 last weekend. Too green still to be great. We had enough in our group to have dinner and ended up getting as many right around the camp as we did in our travels all day.

The Great Outdoors

Beeman

My dad is headed out to camp 45, anyone been out there? I'm not looking for any specific details as he has been there many times before. I am just curious as to how it has been?

I went out the first two days of the season and saw lots up 45 and got 9 in the two days. 45 itself I saw nothing, also tons of birds hiding in the bush and very skittish. There was a road by Little beaver (amik) that I used to see tons but now that it's hunting season nothing.. Once I drove 30 miles without a bird on the trails off 45, it seems they are only coming out in the late evening so if you find nothing wait a bit then go back out. Day one was all grouse day two was all spruce hens.