• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bighotdog

What A Great Opener

Bighotdog

[attachmentid=257][attachmentid=256][attachmentid=256]Well what can I say this weekend was amazing minus the damm rain. Anyway we started out the morning a bit late getting up at around 4:00 just to make sure we got to our spot early and of course first. The rain was just coming down hard all morning but we kept going. I was in my hideout calling and thrashing the occasional brush without hearing a thing for a few hours. It was very hard to hear anything because of the wind howling so hard. I kept my cool and stayed to the game plan for as long as I could. Then of course the unexpected had to happen, just as I was ready to take my morning nap out of nowhere comes this moose. Well like a silent ghost walking through the bush I was able to see the moose at about three hundred yards but by the time I got my scope on it the moose was heading in the bush line. Now the reason why I didn't shoot was because my brother and his son had walked over the ridge basically behind that moose and I wasn't about to even think of shooting in the direction especially when I wasn't sure where they were. So I let the moose go as much as it damm well hurt. My lesson hear though was that when the moose had come out and I could only see with the naked eye I tried to stop it with a call but not realizing that this was infact a cow and not a bull I made the wrong choice of call and basically didn't get her to stop. I should have put my binos on her first then seen if it was a bull or cow and then went to town on her. Oh well another lesson learned and another lesson to teach others. We had to end the day on a much better note then this so we worked hard and walked a tone and finally when luck was there we bagged our moose a beatiful and I mean beatiful bull that was definetly in his prime . All that hard work sure payed off in the end and it makes the picture so complete when you think of what I gave up that morning.

post-85-1191813337_thumb.jpg

Some Old Guy

Way to go BH! Gonna give some to your brother?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!