• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RLS

Stocked lakes

RLS

When are stocked lakes restocked? The most recent list I can find ends with 2013.

Kaptain Kirk

in the Summer and every year go to MNR Service Ontario and they should current lists, and possible some body might have attach it to the TB Fishing Site.

TroutHunter

I was at Service Ontario (James St) here in thunder bay last wk picking up another doe tag and a guy was looking at a stocked lake list which he found in the basement of the building. I started talking to him and looked at the list, I think the latest data was from 2014 if I'm not mistaken.

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

mad scientist

There is no universal answer to how often a lake is stocked. It depends on the size of the lake, the species in question, the purpose of the stocking, the other species of fish that live in the lake, ease of access, proximity to the hatchery, and less predictable variables such as whether the hatchery has surplus fish that they're looking for a home for in any given year. In short, every stocked lake is on a different schedule.

All of MNR's stocking data is now found online, through their Fish ONline web application. Fish ONline is linked directly to the MNR's internal stocking database, so as soon as the local stocking coordinator updates the database (typically once a year), the results are available online. You can click on a particular lake to find out its stocking history, or have it print a list for you showing all stocked lakes within a certain distance from anywhere in the province.

With the development of the online tool, the local offices are no longer required to produce the hard copy report...most still do, but the updates are less frequent.

http://www.web2.mnr.gov.on.ca/fish_online/fishing/fishingExplorer_en.html

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3