• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

crazyctr

Black Bay Ice Conditions.

levi64
1 hour ago, ROCKWOOD BAIT said:

We have a few things at Rockwood bait shop that work really well I'm sure others could back me up on that

For sure, those little helicopter spinners you have that I put on top of my jigs work excellant in Black Bay, thats all I've used the last 3 times out there and did well .

Walter Cronkite

Looking at heading to black bay this weekend(Sunday) and renting a shack, will be bringing some little ones. How are the Ice conditions? and how has the fishing been?

RLS

Went this past Saturday and had fun, caught a bunch, kids had fun but it was warm and slushy....should have brought rubber boots for the kids there were some wet feet.

• Like 2

walleyewarrior

I'll be coming to see you Wednesday than. Thanks 

crazyctr

just to let everyone know im closed until saturday my sled is broke down waiting for parts  but the bait shop will be open

hbaits.jpg

Porkchop21

Heading out Friday afternoon with a couple buddies. Anyone got a new update on ice conditions? Im guessing both ridges are still passable with a sled?

crazyctr

sleds are good you can got anywhere with them snow is a little hard not much coolant though

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

i bought a 2012 bearcat 570 so everything is good to go tomorrow

• Like 1

hbaits.jpg

M&P 9mm

Heading out tomorrow how's the snow/slush and are sleds still a good idea. 

rutu

Was out Wednesday ridges both easy to pass  ,just enough snow to lub the sliders and at least 18 inch of ice .Two guys 40 fish in 5 hours and most keepers was a great day .

• Like 1

Porkchop21

Any updates on ice conditions for black bay? Wondering if it is safe for quads yet and if there is enough snow to keep a sled cool? Also, is it safe to go Superior Shores way or is the ice sketchy? 

Headed out tomorrow for the day!

thanks 

shmanks

going out again on thursday.... how has the fishing been? ive been out a few time renting a shack with gary and the last time we didn't do so well. The last few years we did really well, do you need an extension to get through the ice too?

crazyctr

i will be going out early tomorrow morning to see what kind of mess mother nature has tossed at us 

will post what conditions are in the morning

• Like 1

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

just got back in everything looks good might be a good idea to bring good boots in case of slush if it gets real warm

if your bringing quads bring 6 or 8 foot planks the second ridge is open about 15 inches wide

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

anybody with a hut rental please call a day ahead to check on conditions we will be going day by day as conditions allow

• Like 1

hbaits.jpg

Foozer

How are conditions Looking for  tomorrow? 

I wonder about the ridge, the trail still marked with poles, slush, extension needed for auger.  

Much appreciated.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Foozer

Went from Hurket yesterday.  Hardly and snow and about 3 ft of ice.  Didn't quite go as far as Granite, fished about 18 ft of water.

Fishing was slow.  Managed to come home with 24 but only 1 was 12".  Lots of small ones.

+16 on the ride out.  Some water on top of the nice but conditions were great.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

mexifin

Was out this afternoon,Getting slushy and big water puddles,still good for snow machines.Just a reminder when leaving Hurkett dock. When going to first pressure ridge stay on trail then make a left turn around 2nd ridge. Getting to high to cross and gaps look little scary.Fishing was slow but enjoyed the day. Be safe out there

• Like 1

scandiman
9 hours ago, reilly harris said:

Are there still alot of shacks near granite?

Yeah

Foozer

Like most questions on the board lately.....

How are conditions after the snow?

Last weekend I found there was very little snow or slush, almost 3 feet of ice, and the fishing was slow.

For those that have been out this week, how are things?  I'd like to bring my 6yr old out for the day. 

Thanks

crazyctr

Still lots of ice.  little slushy at the the hurkett landing, otherwise good to go.  approximately 6 inches of snow on top ice.  fishing has picked up.  was out myself yesturday got my limits  about half and half, smalls to big.  hope to see mother nature cooperate and give us another 2 weeks of fishing with the huts.  reminder huts must be off the bay by the 31st at midnight  

• Like 3

hbaits.jpg

Foozer

Sounds good!

Thanks Gary.

Foozer

Fishing is picking up.

Had to move after a couple hours slow fishing.

But when we found 'em, they went nuts.

image.jpeg

• Like 2