• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

68camaro

Lac Des Mille Lac Ice Report

SHACKS LANDING

Thanks to everyone that helped with Terry's track truck. Good news that the truck is on dry land and was running the day after. Yes, please slow down and keep the road safe, if anyone notices someone going to fast on road take a pic, video or let us know about it we are trying to keep the road in good shape for everyone we do not need afew people ruining it for all of us. Be careful there is still alot of slush all over. Good Fishin'

hank

Just back from Lac. Fishing was okay. The road is in good shape thanks to Ken at the landing. Still not a lot of ice. Lots of slush. As long as people don't drill holes close to the road it will stay good. Good fishing.

wampa

Any update on conditions at Pine Point?  Any shacks out yet?

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

ribneck

The mnr officer we talked to on Saturday at lac said there was about 10 shacks at pine point and the fishing was "okay" don't know about the conditions where we were there was maybe 6" of snow and zero slush 

minnow

Was at Pine Point on Monday. Walked out around the island east of Pine Point and fishing was slow. About 12 inches of ice and no slush where we were. There was a truck diving back to the landing from God knows where along the north shore - making his own trail!

SHACKS LANDING

Hello from Shacks Landing, hope everyone is having a good time and catching some fish. Just a heads up from what we heard last weekend, in the bays the ice is not so thick and where the water flows. Where the track truck went down around Popular Bay area a fisher person drilled and the ice was only 5" in spots. So just be careful and check first before you drive somewhere that your not sure of. I am thinking this is going to be a very short season, lets not push the limits and be safe. See you out there. Good Fishin'

• Like 4

Thefishleclair

I hope the season goes for another Month! Road looks good Been out 4 times to the hut, Fishing has been decent and the ice is getting thicker each trip. Seen some new roads being punched in to keep away from the slush! Keep up the good work! Road was great on Monday.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Sugar Shack

lac is getting very messy lots of water on the ice had to make some new roads so be careful if you are heading out tomorrow  looks like some cold weather coming next week  fishing was slow for most people 

icehuts.html

Sugar Shack

there are closing down the ice road to all vehicles because of water on the lake cold weather is coming we are going out on Friday to make new roads snowmobiles are aloud to go out but use caution 

icehuts.html

Cuccs9

was anyone at pine point over the weekend. If so how where conditions?

pbear

I just came back in from lac.  Took the snowmobiles to jack up the shack. There were several slushy areas along the way but nothing too deep.  The road was all broken ice about 4-5" deep water.  In between slushy areas there were patches of ice.  Nothing like going from 30-50 mph instantly.  The guy i spoke to out there said everything is firming up like expected.  Might be good for the weekend 

CurtisYaright

This was yesterday at lac 

Not looking good for the road.

I would call ahead to see if the road will be open by Saturday.

IMG_2650.jpg

mikejson

Hopefully all the trucks are off the lake and it has time to freeze for the weekend. No snow and no trucks with this weather the road will be good as new.

Then hopefully the idiots stay home this weekend or it will destroy the road.

This year is shaping up to be like 2 or 3 years ago where there was a huge slush hole before sand point (I remember multiple roads trying ro get around it) and by the end of the weekend it was white knuckle driving to get off the lake.

I think I pulled my shack off the second week of February that year. Everyone was asking me where I was going and then the following week I heard Gary on the radio telling everyone to get their shacks off the lake.

prime time

The road is in poor shape (well gone for now), the owners of shacks landing as well as Archie and a few others have tried to keep it plowed and have done a very good job at it, with this in mind a few people should read about how to drive on an ice road, slow and steady is the proper way 20 kph, for those who feel it is a race to get to your shack or out on the lake USE YOUR HEAD when you are doing 50 mph or faster you are wreaking the road and causing the water to come up especially in the slushy areas, also don't drill holes beside the road and beside the snow banks, common sense people will go along way this winter which looks like it might be a short one.

• Like 3

SHACKS LANDING

Shacks Landing is the same number as Gary's was 986-1731. Try to give Kenny or Muggs a call out there but hopefully I (Ron Pero one of the owners) will have a update for everyone tomorrow night. With weather permitting and it is safe enough to plow the ice road we will try our best to open the road. Please slow down 20KM max. Seeing the cracks in ice road last weekend I don't even want to plow and risk pulling another truck out of the water this year. Might be a good idea to dust off the sleds and go for a ride to the shacks. Thanks and GOOD FISHIN'

SHACKS LANDING

Thanks to Kenny and Archie the ice road is open again to coffin. It is rough in spots but that maybe good to keep everyone at a slow speed. Hope the weather stays cold and the road tightens up. This maybe our last chance to keep the road open for the year. 20KM max. See you out there and GOOD FISHIN'

• Like 2

Sauron

How has the fishing been so far this week?

hank

SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. AND THE ROAD WAS WET ON THE WAY OUT SUNDAY.BUT THE WEATHER WAS NICE.IF TEMPS STAY DOWN THE ROAD SHOULD BE OKAY. HAVE TO CHECK WITH SHACKS LANDING FOR ROAD CONDITIONS .

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin
46 minutes ago, hank said:

Can anyone tell me why the bite slows down this time of year on Lac?

the 300 shacks and vehicles and lines in the water make those areas slower, plenty of fish to be had on lac, if you sled out and find them.  The bite picks up later like april ish due to spawn and fish returing to shallow end of lake to get their freak on. 

its almost comical the expectation that you could drive out on an ice road walk 10 feet and drill a hole and hammer fish all day.  

. best fishing adivce is ."Fish fish, not memories"

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

hank

Thanks for the advice. Its just that I have been fishing the same spot the last twelve times out on Lac and have been only fifty feet off the road and have got lots of fish. That is until this past weekend. Although I have been going out during the week.

SHACKS LANDING

Sounds like Kenny and Archie are working on the road right now. There was alot of drifting snow and some spots of slush but if the wind stops it should be good. Last I heard they were at the derby site heading to Coffin. I will try to have a better update later.

• Like 1

SHACKS LANDING

Be safe take your time and drive slow. 

Kenny says it is really cold and blowing the snow right now across ice road. 

Thefishleclair

Has it been plowed today. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB