• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
clu__82

Wanna get my first deer

clu__82

Hello fellow hunters.......I am new to this forum but I am very excited to have found it ....I currently am finishing up my Masters in Minnesota where I originally went down for a hockey scholarship I am from Kelowna BC.....my fiance who also went down here for hockey is from Thunder Bay and we will be moving back to Thunder Bay May of 08....buuut in the meantime I am going to be tagging along with my soon to be father-in-law on a hunt....he hasnt hunted for about 10 years and when he hunted he and his parties would 'hunt-moose' on the weekend and basically have more of a good time in the trailer.....I am more of a serious hunter...not that I don't like to have a god time buuuut I would love to be with him when he gets a deer...sooo does anyone have any good suggestions for areas ....I will be heading up there on the 22-24 of November for 3 days of hunting.....so please any hints tips or anything would be awesome ......Can't wait to be back in Canada .....taker easy and thanks

clu__82

Guest Oliver

You might want to be careful with the area your going to be hunting in, not beeing from Ontario may cause a problem for you. Correct me if I'm wrong but allot of Wildlife Managent Units around Thunder Bay do not have a Non resident deer season. Sorry

clu__82

No...nothing to worry about there .....I actually won't be hunting ....well i guess won't be shooting ...I will be the ride along muscle to the operation....my father-in-law has the tag and will be doing the shooting ......I will be just going along with him ....buut since he hasn't done much deer hunting I wanted to give him/ us the best chance of running into some deer....so again ...any tips would be awesome....

thanks

Clu__82

Some Old Guy

Hi Clu 82.

I don't think you'll have a problem finding deer. There are many of them here now. I see them every day now.

Ask property owners in the Slate River valley for permission to hunt. Some will allow you if you ask.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!