• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

manthew

Golding lake trail info

Fishog
18 hours ago, JMRtbay said:

Sorry, I was talking specifically about the old access off Golding Rd. I’d imagine it is being developed. 

Ya I never went in that way even back 40 years ago it was said to be private property and the owner was not happy about people trespassing.

Going in off of Pike Lake rd it was actually a old logging road that you could drive down till you got close to the lake at which point it turned into a corduroy road or log road which then followed the lake on the eastern side. We drove a 1981 Suzuki jeep all the way in just for something to do one day.  Made it about 1\2 down the east side of the lake and then we ran in to a lot of tree falls blocking the trail. 

Wish I still had that jeep. LOL 

• Like 2

JMRtbay
On 12/4/2022 at 11:07 AM, Fishog said:

Ya I never went in that way even back 40 years ago it was said to be private property and the owner was not happy about people trespassing.

Going in off of Pike Lake rd it was actually a old logging road that you could drive down till you got close to the lake at which point it turned into a corduroy road or log road which then followed the lake on the eastern side. We drove a 1981 Suzuki jeep all the way in just for something to do one day.  Made it about 1\2 down the east side of the lake and then we ran in to a lot of tree falls blocking the trail. 

Wish I still had that jeep. LOL 

According to the MNR, more logging will take place north of the lake and should come pretty close. This might open up some more access options. 

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

...looks like I'll soon be able to drive right up to our annual Spring camping spot of long ago at Dufault Lake.....

dufault road.jpg

• Like 1

Dirty Sanchenz
21 hours ago, JMRtbay said:

According to the MNR, more logging will take place north of the lake and should come pretty close. This might open up some more access options. 

That could be 20 years from now. 

Feldwebel Wolfenstool
35 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchenz said:

That could be 20 years from now. 

Lakehead Forest, 2022-2023 Annual Work Schedule, Operations Harvest Map C...

• Like 2

Dirty Sanchenz
1 hour ago, Feldwebel Wolfenstool said:

Nice

tbayfinn
On 12/6/2022 at 7:15 PM, Feldwebel Wolfenstool said:

Those blocks are not identified to be cut next year, only the block in green might be done. The other blocks would be cut sometime in the 2020-2030 timeframe, and Dufauld Rd. extended. I assume they might build the road extension sooner than later though.