• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

manthew

Golding lake trail info

Feldwebel Wolfenstool
1 hour ago, Thefishleclair said:

Was my understanding  the trail was off the private property. Legal land survey should address that issue or call district MNR office for clarification. 

...patented land, in purple....

golding patented land.png

Thefishleclair

Patented land is for minning claims is it not?  

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Feldwebel Wolfenstool
8 hours ago, Thefishleclair said:

Patented land is for minning claims is it not?  

Patented Land is the proper term to describe private property...most land before WW1 was deeded SR and MR.  Surface-Rights plus Mining Rights.  After the War to End All Wars, land was surveyed and passed on by the gov't but generally with only Surface Rights.  A solid black circle indicates SR and MR.  A white circle the top 1/2 black indicates SRO.  Surface-Rights Only.  If the bottom 1/2 is black, MRO.  Mining-Rights Only. Leased surface and mineral rights are indicated similarily, but using squares and maybe a letter-number designation added, like "Mining Location T-200"...a mining patent or lease can't stop you from  walking across the land to fish.  Unless they have an active work site or have certain items stored for which they can, I think,  declare a 400 metre No-Loafing Zone near said items.

golding patented land 2.png

JMRtbay

The MLAS database, crown land atlas, and onland.ca (the land registry) all indicate the parcel is private. 

Feel free the purchase the land registry info package from onland.ca for $30 and find out the current owners/ transaction history and when it was first patented if you guys feel so inclined. 

• Like 1

Feldwebel Wolfenstool
13 hours ago, JMRtbay said:

The MLAS database, crown land atlas, and onland.ca (the land registry) all indicate the parcel is private. 

Feel free the purchase the land registry info package from onland.ca for $30 and find out the current owners/ transaction history and when it was first patented if you guys feel so inclined. 

...feel freer, save you 30 balloons, and use MLAS for free...usually the township office will provide the name of the legal owner, gratis...

• Like 1

Thefishleclair

I have learned something new today. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Fishog

Anyone follow through on cutting the new trail or was it a dead end? 

Been a while since this was brought up. 

Snag???

&

• Like 1

Dirty Sanchenz

I believe the lake was stocked this year as well.

• Like 1

tbayfinn

Anyone can legally walk up the hill through the bush from the road in the crown land area. It would be a tough 1 km slog in the winter up that hill with gear ....

Screenshot 2022-11-22 162059.jpg

Feldwebel Wolfenstool

...I did the slog up the hill for several years every spring, into Dufault, starting at age 5.  Unc had a buggered-up foot, we always lagged behind.  It would be a real grim hike on snowshoes...

Raymond and Al 1961 Dufault Lk. specs.bmp

• Like 2

Fishog

Ya well for this old fart with a bad hip breaking trail is not a option any more. It goes from about 350 meters to just over 500 meters at the top. One hell of a climb. 

screenshot-www.brmbmaps.com-2022.11.22-20_18_49.png

• Like 1

Dirty Sanchenz

I'd like to be able to contact the property owner to ask permission to use the trail in.

Fishog
4 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchenz said:

I'd like to be able to contact the property owner to ask permission to use the trail in.

Ya the people who bought the property of the original trail could make a few bucks if they allowed a user fee to gain access to the trail. Even if its just beer money for them it would open up some good fishing close to town. 

tbayfinn

It looks like they have a boat stashed at the west end of the lake. It must be nice to have a lake stocked by the government for you LOL.

Screenshot 2022-12-02 123507.jpg

Thefishleclair
6 minutes ago, tbayfinn said:

It looks like they have a boat stashed at the west end of the lake. It must be nice to have a lake stocked by the government for you LOL.

Thats the folks from Pike Lake road. They have trail cut in from their yard.  

• Like 1

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

tbayfinn
3 minutes ago, Thefishleclair said:

Thats the folks from Pike Lake road. They have trail cut in from their yard.  

I would do the same for sure!

JMRtbay

Last I heard the MNR was assessing the parking situation along Dam Rd prior to approving the permit. 

Dirty Sanchenz
5 hours ago, JMRtbay said:

Last I heard the MNR was assessing the parking situation along Dam Rd prior to approving the permit. 

MNR and assessment, that scares me cause i'll be 90 before they make a comitment.

• Haha 1

JMRtbay
6 hours ago, tbayfinn said:

There are at least 8 different private parcels that have direct access, over crown land, to the lake. They could all have their own trails. 

JMRtbay
On 11/23/2022 at 4:27 PM, Fishog said:

Ya the people who bought the property of the original trail could make a few bucks if they allowed a user fee to gain access to the trail. Even if its just beer money for them it would open up some good fishing close to town. 

I don’t know if “beer money” would be enough for most people to let you tromp through their front yard. Haha. Unless of course they know you. Kinda ruins the privacy and the entire point of living rural. 

Fishog
17 hours ago, JMRtbay said:

I don’t know if “beer money” would be enough for most people to let you tromp through their front yard. Haha. Unless of course they know you. Kinda ruins the privacy and the entire point of living rural. 

Not really his front yard you would be going over but yes you do have a point. I hunted that road so many times when I was in my 20's I knew ever rock on it or I thought so. LOL Even managed to get turned around  up there hunting birds. Went into the bush and coming back out crossed the road and went into the next ravine without even knowing it.  I'm sure the locals are using it with his permission. Thinking if someone actually asked for permission he might be willing to grant it. Offering him a few bucks might help. 

screenshot-www.google.ca-2022.12.03-13_22_44.png

JMRtbay
3 hours ago, Fishog said:

Not really his front yard you would be going over but yes you do have a point. I hunted that road so many times when I was in my 20's I knew ever rock on it or I thought so. LOL Even managed to get turned around  up there hunting birds. Went into the bush and coming back out crossed the road and went into the next ravine without even knowing it.  I'm sure the locals are using it with his permission. Thinking if someone actually asked for permission he might be willing to grant it. Offering him a few bucks might help. 

Sorry, I was talking specifically about the old access off Golding Rd. I’d imagine it is being developed. 

grs
20 hours ago, Fishog said:

I rode a sled out the trail on the south west end of the lake a few years back.  Ended up at the house that's on Kajorwe road, not Pike Lake road.  There were a few other trails but that was the main one.

Fishog
1 hour ago, grs said:

I rode a sled out the trail on the south west end of the lake a few years back.  Ended up at the house that's on Kajorwe road, not Pike Lake road.  There were a few other trails but that was the main one.

Oh wow that must have been a long trail ride. Looks to be pretty far from the lake.