• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
arvey

east bay dog lake going private

arvey

looks like east bay going private.i read in todays paper the mnr is looking for somebody to develope a campground.

arvey

crisop

this is a money making campground if it's done right

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

tracker

It is also a loss of a free public access point. The public should not be supporting this. The camp owners on the Pace Lake Rd are looking for someone to maintain that portion of the road.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Some Old Guy

Is there a link to this anywhere on the net?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

tracker

I can't seem to find it and if I remember correctly, I couldn't find it earlier in the year. It should have been posted on the EBR site??? I do have a little information on this subject as I have attended a meeting with the MNR regarding this issue. Maybe Beamer can recall when it went to public consultation.

This is what was posted in the Chronicle:

Development of Commercial Campground

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL

Opportunity

The Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) is requesting

proposals to develop a commercial campground on a parcel of property

on the East Bay of Dog Lake. The potential developer will be required to

perform maintenance activities on the 13 kilometres of road on the

Pace Lake road between Hwy. 527 and the Pace Lake Landing.

An Environmental Assessment for the disposition of the property has been

completed by the MNR and no environmental issues were identified.

Proposal submission deadline is December 20, 2007.

To acquire a proposal application package please contact:

Craig Hockridge, Senior Lands Technician

Thunder Bay District OMNR

435 James St. S., Suite B001

Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6S8

Tel.: 807-475-1134

Fax: 807-475-1527

E-mail: craig.hockridge@ontario.ca

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Guest TerryK

That bites. More public land to be gobbled up for the sake of the MNR saving some money on road and launch upkeep.

Castnblast

I'm not huge on the idea of privitizing East Bay either. But you can't deny the problems that exist at that site.

It's a mess. I will not bring my family back for a weekend camping trip period.

Long weekends - as everyone knows - are the worst. Noise, drunks, unsupervised, under age kids on full size atv's & dirt bikes - all hrs of the nite - with no helmets or respect for other families etc. etc.

It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Definetly not the type of camping/fishing experience I like to expose my children to.

It's too bad because it is such a beautiful spot - and close to town.

I am especially disappointed with our local OPP & OMNR for failing to provide adequate supervision, patrol & enforcement of the launch site.

-----------------------------

If a right entrepreneur developed the site - and somehow managed to continue public access to a launch - developed a controlled camping area for family, with reasonable overnite fees etc - I personally would be much more inclined to pull in and support it.

As it stands now, the notion of bringing out my crew to east bay is not worth the anxiety of anticipating what idiots will be be present to ruin the weekend.

Before anyone freaks out - I'm not saying everone who frequents EB is an idiot - but there sure are a few.

just my opinion.

cnb

Guest Big Moose

Giver,Personally I think East Bay camping for the most part is a HUGE JOKE .Any long weekend it's packed full of idiots running around drunk as hell and stoned out of their heads looking for fights,I've been out there on fishing trips and had to literally fight your way to the truck to get the hell out of there.I've seen children riding around on quads with no helmets on while their parents are to drunk to move even if something did happened I've witnessed guys driving around the big fire pit in the middle of the campground spraying fuel from a slip tank on to the fire during the fire ban(this summer after there had already been a forest fire in the immediate area).All in all I think it's a meeting place for idiots and clowns so as far as I'm concerned they can do what ever they want out there and I don't give a sh!T.I have a few friends that have camps out there and feel it's just a matter of time until their property is destroyed by the pigs that frequent that dump for the purpose of a "good time".

I think that landing should be closed entirely for a few years and cleaned up, It's a few garbage bags and seagulls short of looking like the John street landfill site.

That's my opinion,CHEERS..

Buck 120

They should ban the idiots camping but leave the launch open. Well there is always the launch up the river I guess.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!