• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

Dog Lake Open 2016

WalleyeWayne
1 hour ago, Roger Mayer said:

Does anyone have results?

roger

See above for full results on the 2016 Dog Lake Open.....

Jayfishin

Thanx for the great tourny again this year guys! Hopefully next year work allows for some pre-fishing time ;( 

Some nice fish caught in such nasty weather.  My son and I opted to stay at the east end due to the weather but hindsite says we should of logged some miles on Saturday.... Congrats to Team Piaskoaski for the win. NIce job!

Jay  

naden
9 hours ago, SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP said:

Did anyone find an orange cooler that said "steele" on it and a battery that was left in the beach?

I launched at east bay yesterday around noon, there was a cooler and something else orange colored sitting at the tree line on the beach at the launch. I came back around 6:30 and it was gone. 

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

Thanks Naden, Ya it was supposedly a red and white cooler that said steele on the outside of it and then an orange plastic tub with a marine battery inside of it.  Please ask around to see if anyone found it and please phone me at 632-6572 if found.

Thanks

Josh

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who attended the 2nd annual Dog Lake Open!  From the Anglers, to the volunteers, to the sponsors!  I thank you all and am happy to say that it was another fantastic tournament.  

And to anyone who was thinking about entering the tournament but didn,t because maybe they were nervous of not being able to catch fish on such a big lake, or maybe they just never entered a tournament before and were intimidated.  This goes to show that anyone, and I mean ANYYYYYYYYYONE can win a fishing tournament when Stud Muffin pulls it off!!  Bring your grandma, grandpa, newborn....bring anyone you can find....if stud can win it anyone can!! ;)

All jokes aside, CONGRATULATIONS to Ryan and his dad Joe on the big win.  It was long overdue! 

The weather wasn't the greatest but alot of fish were caught and Im sure alot of memories were made and that's what its all about!  

Hope to see everyone next year and possibly a few more teams!!

• Like 1

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

thanks josh.

best thing about this past weekend was sharing the win with dad, can't put a price on that.

i fish a few events and this has to be the least stressful or complicated. lake is close launch is easy, weigh in fast and awards great and everyone went home with a prize.  i think weigh in and prizes were an hour. 

good job guys, cant wait till 2017!!

thanks t lyle T &j and stevo for the hard work on the beach

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

Id also like to say thank you to BASS ASSASIN for volunteering again this year.  Much appreciated!!!!

Pound 4 Pound

Were there a lot of fish caught in the lake or were most participates fishing the rivers

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

Not exactly sure where everyone was fishing but some boats boated over 100 walleye.  I know some guys were in the river but not sure if thats where the majority of the fish were caught or not.  I dont think you can go wrong by going into the dog river tho if your looking for a few eaters.

Josh

Pound 4 Pound

Thanks Josh not looking for hot spots I have fished the lake for many years and from experience I don't start fishing the lake until the second week of July it takes a while for that body of water to warm up. Would have entered this year but due to work reasons was unable to attend. Will enter next year for sure. Keep up the great work. It sound like a blast.