• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

hogcatcher

Lake Nipigon Trout Pictures

scandiman

Kudos to all those who release these monster fish. At this day in age, if you are trophy fishing, you can always take an accurate girth and length measurement along with some good pics and have a replica made wi0thout having to kill the fish.

• Like 1

Noah santorelli

Don’t have pics but we were fishing the northeast end of the lake. we were fishing with downriggers. For 2 days the fish were so stacked up on three humps that every pass yielded either one or two fish the fish would move from hump to hump until they disappeared. The largest was a 34 and 1/2 pounder. with many many more hitting #20. I will try to find pictures but have lost many phones. 

Jayfishin

Lake Nipigon Trout Hunt 1997 - We fished for three days and landed many nice fish ranging from 12 to 29lbs.  Biggest was 29lbs 3oz and got us fourth place for the weekend. Too bad it was a kill tournament...had a 2lb sucker in its belly when MNR cleaned and recorded data on it.  Hit a 2" spoon at 80' of water. We try to get back up there every year to chase some specks and lakers. The big ones go back now....beautiful water body!

Jay 

jay's 29lb 8oz laker.jpg

lake nipigon laker 15lb 2008.jpg

23inch speck nipigon june 18.jpg

• Like 1

Superiormobile

Head out to Nipigon every August for a week. One of the best lakes out there. I have been going with a group of guys for about 10 years now. I remember the first years of going that a 12lbs lake trout was impressive. Now over the years the biggest that we been able to get is 38 lbs.  Now that I bought my own boat I can see a lot more trips out there. We usually keep a couple of smaller one to eat while we’re out there and everything else goes back. Just out for the enjoyment of fishing. The biggest I’ve caught. 28 lbs

E3C9923A-F03F-4477-BF2B-96044F3DA17D.jpeg