• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Clewis

Late ice Specks????

Clewis

Anyone been out for specks lately? i regret only going a few times at first ice, i really could go for some specks right now, but I'm not sure what i would use.. i know some lakes farther out that are accessed by roads that are never plowed, but with the warm weather maybe they would be clear. 

Trout Wrangler

Hit sunset on saturday about 8 inches of ice, not even a nibble but a beautiful day. 

offroader

Specks seem to have been "tight-lipped" as of late--all over. I'm thinking they'll be especially voracious after ice-out in several weeks.

• Like 1

fisherer

Hey I'm new to trout ice fishing I've been looking at the stalking list for Thunder Bay surrounding area and was wondering what some good lakes are. I was looking at Adrain lake but I thought it would be over fished, I was also looking at the larry lakes 2,3,4 northwest of sandstone. Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Trout Wrangler

Hit a lake yesterday landed some nice ones.

Pound 4 Pound

What were the conditions like Trout Wrangler

Trout Wrangler

thin layer of ice about 1/2 inch with 2-3 inches of water/slush with a solid 8 - 9 inches of ice. im guessing its really rough after that snow storm.

• Like 1

Trout Wrangler

Anyone been out on the stocked lakes, planning on going out whitefish area tomorrow.

Foozer

Was on a stocked lake Saturday.

Cold, windy, and blowing snow.  Terrible conditions for specks.

There was about 4"s of crust, about 6-8 inches of slush, and 6-8 ice under all that.

It was a stocked lake just past Whitefish.  Not much evidence of other people on the ice either.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Clewis
5 hours ago, Foozer said:

Was on a stocked lake Saturday.

Cold, windy, and blowing snow.  Terrible conditions for specks.

There was about 4"s of crust, about 6-8 inches of slush, and 6-8 ice under all that.

It was a stocked lake just past Whitefish.  Not much evidence of other people on the ice either.

Catch any though? 

Foozer

Lines in at 8:30.  Not a single bite until 2:00.  Fished three areas of the lake and drilled over 20 holes.

Turned my back to load up my gear and missed the only goddam hit all day.

First time I've had to buy a McD's fillet o' fish in years.

Totally skunked!

• Like 1

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Trout Wrangler

Well I just got back, ended up going towards shebs and we hammered the specks. brapped the sled out with our limits.

• Like 1

fisherer

Anybody been out for specks lately? Is there still ice on the lakes? 

manthew

Was at wasp last Tuesday. Still had over a foot of ice. Shore was opened up about two feet. And there were holes forming in the middle of the lake. Hope that helps. Went in for the afternoon bite. Nothing on the ice. Cheers. 

Trout Wrangler

went out yesterday fell threw the ice in about 3 fow only 2 - 3'' of ice