• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Smeltin'Smitherz05

I've been looking at some lakes to try out this year, looking to find pickerel.. I found a lake named Topaz that is located southwestish of chambers.. To me, it looks accessible by boat, maybe a portage or two.. Has anyone been in there? And if so, how did you access it? How was the fishing experience? Any information regarding this lake would be greatly appreciated, good luck out there everyone! 

fishingfinn

We tried to get into there in the wintertime with sleds, from Chambers.  We made it all the way to little Amethyst lake.  From what I remember, there a beaver dam between amethyst and little amethyst lake.  We didn't make it past the river connecting little amethyst and topaz.  I'm not sure if there's a trail that goes along the river, but will definitely have to portage a boat and gear into topaz. 

• Like 1

Dale

Years ago you could drive right to topaz by going past marks lake then turning right, don't know if you still can or not.

• Like 1

eyelander

Haven't been there for a quite few years but I always went in through Chambers by canoe with a small 3.3 outboard. Some places we had to paddle through thick weeds because the plastic prop on the small outboard would not cut through them. Usually did good there. Sometimes it would take most of the day to catch a limit of keepers with a lot of undersized fish put back. Discovered the road in from the south the last time I was in there 8-10 yrs. or so ago, so I do not know if that road is passable any more. It was at the southwest end of the lake. There is another cut on the southeastern end, but I do not know if anyone has accessed the lake from that cut. Fairly steep hill down to the lake there and a fair height to the top where the cut is from what I remember of that part of the shoreline.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

naden

I drove a truck in there about 10 years ago to the south launch. We caught a couple limits of walleyes but they were all smaller in size. The lake is fairly shallow throughout. Last time I was on that road was 2 or 3 years ago on a quad and it wasnt driveable anymore with a pick up truck. I heard the road has been fixed past marks lake now but I dont know how far. There is also a quad trail into amethyst lake from that same road. If your looking for an adventure it might be worth trying to canoe into those lakes from chambers but in my opinion there is probably better fishing in chambers and blunder. 

Foz

I have fished Chambers quite a few times and also Mcgrath twice. I found Mcgrath to be quite good. I have never fished Blunder though. Is it worth a try? I have heard of a road or trail into Mcgrath but haven't gone to explore it yet. The harder to get into of the perching gull lakes are gems I think. A lot of fishing pressure for most of them though.

• Like 1

Smeltin'Smitherz05

Thanks for the information guys, much appreciated!! I might give it a shot and when I do, I'll let you all know how it went.. It's been such a curiousity of mine to get in there.. Blunder is decent, I fished it last year for opening weekend and did well.. Near running water was the best, for example, the connection between blunder and chambers(on the blunder side) was a good spot early in the year

• Like 1

summer-run

Please post an update on how you did fishing Topaz. It has been 28 years since I first fished Topaz, I remember seeing the largest pair of turtles I have ever seen in northwestern Ontario there! In the narrows between the 2 lakes, well 1 lake. It's been 25 years since I have trolled a spinner tipped with a leech on Topaz. This lake has a special place in my heart due to al the memories that I have had there being a kid fishing with my dad. Cheers and good luck! 

• Like 1

tracker

Marks Road is fixed up as far as Mason Lake and than it turns north towards McGrath.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Jarvis

i've ventured into Topaz a couple times in the last few years. had to muscle up to get there and carry the boat over the Beaver dam in the creek. I don't remember catching anything exceptional there, except one 23 incher. Fishing on Chambers seemed to be better. Would be curious how the fishing is too as I don't know if Topaz gets a lot of pressure.