• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

tdhopkin

Walleye Lakes

tdhopkin

Hey guys!

I have been attempting the search the forums for some recommendations for walleye lakes, but seems to be all over the place. I don't mind traveling 2-3 hours to get to a lake, but am looking to have my brother (who has been badly snaked recently haha) and I catch some fish. I have tried out lakes such as Whitefish, Swallow, Cheeseman, Circle, etc. so looking for some lakes besides those ones! Doesn't really matter what direction the lake is in, but we would need to be able to get a trailered 15 foot boat into the lake.

Any help regarding some that would potentially be worth checking out would be awesome!

Thanks.

Smeltin'Smitherz05

I went into Chambers this year so far and it has been successful for me.. Others on the lake were successful as well.. Majority were on the smaller side, but limits are easy to come by 👍🏻

• Like 1

fisherdude

I'd say northern lights would be worth a shot. It usually produces pretty well and if the pickerel aren't biting the bass will be.

• Like 1

Ploooks

If you go to Northern Lights be careful there are a few reefs to look out for.  Also on the way to northern lights right beside the road you have Madelain, Sunbow, Prelate.  Arrow lake is also on the way

• Like 1

fisherdude

That's true. There's tons of reefs to watch out for at northern lights....some have bin known to move if you ask a few people out there. But there's a ton of islands with shorelines just covered with blow downs that can make for eventful days just drifting around jigging which usually produces a ton of fish of all species.

• Like 1

naden

if you dont mind travelling 2 to 3 hours wabinosh lake is pretty good fishing

Bunnyfoofoo

wabinosh lake just down river till mouth of the lake and fish there ,limit in no time.

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

tdhopkin

Hey guys!

Decided to check out Northern Lights today, and will head to Wabinosh sometime soon! I appreciate the input, and will let everyone know how we do!

Thanks again!

Zackcorbin1401

Where would one launch a boat on wabinosh?

naden

launch is on pishidgi lake then boat through river to wabinosh

naden

how was northern lights

where is the boat launch on chambers and is it in good condition

eyelander

It is on the north side of the lake, trail into it is a couple k before Swallow Lake. It is not in good condition, at least the last time I was there. Rutted with large boulders. I have banged the frame of my truck every time I went in there. In high water, we put my bud's Scanoe in at Swallow and go down the river to the lake.

Check it out on Google Earth.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Hunter
On June 8, 2016 at 0:02 PM, Ploooks said:

If you go to Northern Lights be careful there are a few reefs to look out for.  Also on the way to northern lights right beside the road you have Madelain, Sunbow, Prelate.  Arrow lake is also on the way

I don't think there are walley in Sunbow, Or it has changed since the last time I fished it?

Ploooks

Honestly I'm not sure I have never fished sunbow, I just got a little carried away listing some lakes along the way to northern lights. 

Trout Wrangler

Ive fished Sunbow hard one year, its loaded with bass and the lake trout are few and far between. no walleye.

Hunter

yeah well you never know Sunbow and Madalaine are connected by a creek of sort

Castnblast

there are walleye in sunbow - not many, but there are walleye in that lake.

Foozer
3 hours ago, Hunter said:

yeah well you never know Sunbow and Madalaine are connected by a creek of sort

I'm pretty sure Madalaine connects to Icarus through a small channel, not Sunbow.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

naden

theres a small creek between madelaine and sunbow as well as the creek into icarus