• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

walleyeman

Nipigon river

rceme74

Went down to the River today. Pretty busy, few fish caught. We caught a nice 15lbs Salmon. Nice and silver, so these guys are starting to come into the river., My son Jeremy caught this beauty.20160828_085440.jpg

James01

I have long wanted to try the Nipigon River... I will probably be fishing off shore, but haven't the slightest idea where to go. I have read the threads, but haven't any points of reference. Any advice or directions would be much appreciated. A big speck would be dandy, but I wouldn't complain about a salmon.

J.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

MetalFishing

Check out highway 585(I believe) out of Nipigon on google earth and you'll see what's up

oyo

Hey James,

If you are wanting to fish the river from shore I have seen people do it with some success below the Alexander Dam. Before you get to the parking area and boat launch, there is a cut in the woods going across the river for the gas line, the shore has a sandbar going out partway in to the river. Seen guys pull out some nice ones in waders and using fish eggs.

Grounds Keeper Willie

Havent had a chance at the nipigon river yet this month. What's are the water levels like?

AGGGH

rceme74

Water level very low. Very tight around the points and slow current, nothing coming over the spillway. Lots of Boat traffic. Seen a number of nice fish caught most look pretty dark. Seen a number of spawned out and both floaters and sinkers around the boat launch.

I was debating weather to go below the bridge and fish the lower part of the river.

naden

Just a heads up, someone left fish guts on shore at the Alexander landing and there was a bear hanging out in the parking lot last weekend. Just a small guy but seemed to have no fear of humans. 

• Like 2

fisherdude

im sure there's quite a few fearless ones with the dump fairly close. I usually see one atleast cruising the far shore when I'm fishing the shore around there.

Porkchop21

Anyone have an update on fishing? Thinking of going Sunday morning, been skunked the last 2 times..