• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Tozer807

Whitefish Lake Ice Conditions

AmateurHourAngling
5 hours ago, gsambray said:

Ice thickness? Heading tomorrow as well. How's the bite or lack of?

Ice is good, fishing is bad. You can snowmachine or quad anywhere. There was a minivan cruisin around a few days ago 

-JADEN

Scojik

Was out yesterday to test ice and auger.  From landing to island there is about 18 inches of ice.  Didn't do any fishing. Wind was too much

• Like 1

gsambray

Measured between 8 and 12 inches of ice from launch to half way out to the islands. Fishing sucked. Weather was windy and cold. Other than that good times. I did see one fish stare at my minnow then slowly swim away. A bunch of trucks and a car on the ice but it seems a bit early for that yet. 

AmateurHourAngling

I was in the car,  we walked out in the am and then on the walk back to the launch to go buy lunch, a truck drove past us so we decided to drive out after lunch. We fished through the windows and managed a few pike 

-JADEN

Fishin*Magician

Next to none as of Tuesday, the little bit of snow we got was swept off by the high winds. Fishing was slow until later in the day.

RatherBeFishin

Heard a truck went through on whitefish today. Any truth to this tale ? 

Grounds Keeper Willie

Yes the front tires of a truck went thru today. Truck did not go all the way thru. Everyone's ok. 

AGGGH

eddylives
On 12/24/2016 at 1:56 AM, Grounds Keeper Willie said:

Yes the front tires of a truck went thru today. Truck did not go all the way thru. Everyone's ok. 

Where on the lake did this happen?

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Some Old Guy

I'm guessing a forming pressure ridge?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Grounds Keeper Willie

That's the pic that is being passed around

AGGGH

Foozer

I woulda given birth to 3 lbs of fudge if that were me.

wow

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

ottoman82

How has the fishing been on Whitefish lately?  I would like to head out tomorrow for a few hours.  Any hot spots to try?

RatherBeFishin

I was out there today from 11 am till an hour after dark. Just got in. Got 9 pike , no pickeral , no perch. Least i got something i suppose :) 

heard a couple guys got a few pickeral at the far west end when we talked to mnr. 

ottoman82

Thanks.  I appreciate the info.

Keegan4

Thinking of going out there soon, any hot baits? How much snow/slush is on the ice

pastor norm

No slush that I could find. Didn't come across any pressure ridges either. We had at 18-20 inches of ice. Fishing was slow but my nephew and I did ice two beauties with a couple more hefty walleye lost at the hole. Noon to early afternoon is when they bit.  Medium sucker minnows with a glow green jig seemed to be the best bait. No perch caught nor even seen down the hole, which is a usual sight fishing in a tent. A couple of skinny pike.  I will be going back in the next week.

Tozer08
20 hours ago, Keegan4 said:

Thinking of going out there soon, any hot baits? How much snow/slush is on the ice

I was out on Thursday past the two islands in front of the public launch about half way from those islands to the south shoreline and there was only 11" of ice measured with a tape. Fishing was great, caught limits but was hard to catch anything under 18". Didn't run into any slush, only about 3-4" of snow on the ice.

• Like 1

Keegan4

Went out today, 2 pike and a small perch, all released

gsambray

Tried to go yesterday. Got to the launch and got all gear loaded into my sleigh and started walking out. Halfway to the islands I realized its 2017 and I forgot to buy my new license. So a typical trip to whitefish. Went home without any fish ha ha

adam_k

Anyone been out lately thinking on heading out on Sunday and was wondering if any fish are being caught.

Cheers

Adam_k

Colin321

Also heading out early sunday for the first time ever myself, was wondering if i could just drive on the ice instead of walking out