• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Tozer807

Whitefish Lake Ice Conditions

Colin321

I just ended up driving on the ice. Caught 2 pike along with this guy. Didn't know most of the lake was only about 7ft. Probably just gunna stick with Lac

photo0.jpeg

ottoman82

How much snow is on the ice after the recent dump?  I walk out on the ice so I'm hoping the winds have cleared the most of it off and left it hard packed again.  Thanks

• Like 1

gsambray

Any updates on ice conditions

kbrest

Lots of slush. But still lots of ice. Guys did drive out but Id recommend sled.

gsambray

I will be on foot. Other plans seemed to have fallen through so Saturday I am planning on heading out past the islands to try to find fish

xf800

Went out on Wednesday it was very windy. Snow was hard packed and hard drifts. Been trucks driving out from the landing I took a sled it was fine I did not find any slush where I was fishing. Fishing was slow  could see a fair amount of perch down the hole and they were just not interested. Let the jig stay still perch would swim away add little movement they would come and watch it. I tried minnows worms and pretty much all the tackle I had but no luck. I didn't measure the ice but still quite a bit.

Summit X 800

Hello Just wondering  if anyone was out this weekend? Planning on going out sunday, how's the ice condition and how thick? I usually fish the oposit end down by the big Island. 

FishyFishy

Hey there anyone been out lately was wondering if the lake is drivable thanks 

gsambray

Not too sure about whitefish but I have been on other lakes in the area an did notice a definite change in ice quality. Seems a lot softer and very quiet. Time to watch where you go. Personally I won't drive out anymore. To me it's not worth the risk. i would stick to quad or on foot

oyo

Heard there were only three shacks left out on the ice, so I think most people are keeping cars off.

ottoman82

Any updates on the ice conditions?  I'd love to get one last day on the hardwater.