• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Have your trailer registration in your truck??

Adrian

I learned a $110 lesson today.  My friend and I were on our way to Shabaqua to check out some of our trails (Thunder Bay Adventure Trails) after the warm spell we had.  I had my sled and my buddies sled in my enclosed trailer.  Between Sistinen's corner and Shabaqua, an OPP officer pulled me over.  He said I had no license plate on the trailer.  He asked for drivers license, registration and insurance for the truck and registration for the trailer.  I did not have a copy of the registration for the trailer (it is on the kitchen table).  I told the officer that the plate should be there, under the trailer behind the left wheel.  It was gone, obviously rotted off.   Because I did not have the registration for the trailer with me = $110 fine, and for not having a plate, a warning.  I will have a copy of the registration in the truck tomorrow morning, and a new plate on the trailer, and my buddy will be making copies of his trailer registration to put in his truck. Just sayin'  Heads up....

PS  The trails are in fantastic shape. 

WalleyeWayne

We ran into the same thing when we got pulled over in KB for lack of trailer running lights. OPP wanted to see the trailer registration papers - didn't know until then that we were required to carry them when trailering...? He let us off, but now I gotta find the papers.

hunt or be hunted

Any trailers being towed ( sled, boat, camper, open box- anything ) needs to have a registration form on u at all times,  slightly off topic but even a truck box camper u need to carry one on hand as I learned 🙄

naden

are you implying you need a registration for a truck box camper in the back of a pick up or do you mean a truck box camper that is mounted to a utility type trailer?

bwkre

I understand as well that if your boat is licensed with Transport Canada, you need to carry that license while operating the boat. And it doesn't even prove ownership!

Sageboy

I keep my boat license and operating card in my boat all the time. I keep them in a  zip lock bag.