• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

hunt or be hunted

36-42" ice fishing rods help !

hunt or be hunted

Does any know where to find or get their hands on some longer ice rods in the 36-42" range and or have personally used them and have some insight and reviews on them ? I love the longer rods for fishing but I can only find them states side which isn't a problem I just don't want to be spend 100$ plus dollars for a 40" rod without any reviews on them thanks guys/gals ! 

Some Old Guy

I have 2 Mitchell brush 'n' rods.

They don't make them anymore but I really like them for lake trout and pike fishing.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

zr500

I have been looking for a 36 all winter and am unable to find one locally as well.  My buddies have the frabill 38s and they love them

Scojik

Is there not a member on the boards that makes Rods?  or is the shorter rods a diiferent thing all together?

RatherBeFishin

I use 36" and 38" and love them. I have had a few jason mitchell mackinaw rods. They r from riverside website and are $44 i believe. Great rods. Cabelas.ca also has frabil ice hunter 38" rods that are not more then $50 , i also own a 36" med heavy stcroix premier. Not sure where thoose r at nowadays but its sweet to. 

i cannot go back to small ice rds. Once i switched i love them. 

Check the riverside.ca web site though. He has the mackinaws and mybe even in stock in town. Good rods i found for wallys or lakers. Hope this helps. If u find any other good ones in the 36-42 range let me know. 

RatherBeFishin

Just checked the site and they r $58 

and its riversideoutdoors.ca 

my bad. 

Gone8to1248

Here is a link to St Croix Ice Fishing Rods and Prices:

http://stcroixrods.com/products/ice/legend-ice-rods

I also build rods of all kinds. Here is a link to a site where I get a lot of my parts. Just go to it and in the search box type in Ice Fishing Rod Kits then click on view all:

http://www.mudhole.com/

If you want one made just let me know.

Bernie

hunt or be hunted

Awesome thanks guys for info everyone !!!!! Always wanted to start making my own ice rods and it looks like I'm gonna start now foresure, thanks for the link Bernie ! 

Zackcorbin1401

Haat rods makes a 36" and a 45"

http://www.haatrods.com/