• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wes

Walleye Opener Funnies

Guest Wes

I was again going through photos and I cam across 2 that I thought might be amusing to others.

This was taken opening morning. We had went out and caught lunch so we came back to shore. Mainly because it blew up something wicked. That was the closest I had ever come to swamping my boat. I hit a wave that I wasn't expecting to hit. It went over the bow and over my brothers head. He had no clue what was going on. If only I could have had that photo. Anyway, we were glad to be back on shore and in some dry cloths because that water was cold. brrr All boats were stuck on shore until Sunday at noon. Then it was like the gun went off at a fish derby. 22 boats took off almost at the same time.

Those beer cans were from the night before. By Sunday we added two under each table leg to make room..haha That is so sad. I feel shame.

IPB Image

This next one if from opener 2007. I am sure most of you had this same weather. You can see how excited my brother is to be fishing. I am surprised I got a clear shot I was shaken so bad. I had to head for shore to get more clothes and a shot of coffee and baileys. Fishing was good though!

IPB Image

Anyone else of some amusing opener shots?

arvey

hey wes

show us the pic.of your tent blowing accross the lake lol.mmmm wonder who told me that one.

arvey

Some Old Guy

Well here's mine. I didn't get any pictures but I thought it was pretty funny.

Me and three other buddies made our way into Flat Rock Lake. We set up camp on a point. We stayed there for 3 days. We ate plenty of wild meat. I made a "bathroom" by tieing a poplar log horizontally between two jack pine. It was nice as you can sort of sit/lean on it while you unloaded a #2.

Well between 3 guys and the brown pops plus wild game and fish for two days the pyramid that was there was quite impressive.

On the third day I grabbed the toilet paper and headed to our make shift bathroom first thing in the morning. But I also took the little buck saw with me. After I was finished I made two cuts under the poplar pole along side the jack pines so no one could see them. These cuts were almost all the way through so when the next guy sat/leaned against the poplar pole it would break and ..... well they would crush our pyramid.

Well I get back and one guy was just awaitin' for the toilet paper. I tossed it at him and off he went. I told the other two what I did so we all listened intently for the cursing/screaming/death threats and gagging that was about to occur.

While I'll be damned if buddy doesn't return after 10 minutes smelling like roses. He sat down and said nothing. It drove me nuts so I had to ask him if the pole broke.

Well, he said it broke right away as he sat/leaned on it. I then asked him what happened.

Here's where I lost it and almost died laughing.

He said he turned into an Olympic gymnast! He fell backwards but launched himself almost doing a backflip trying to avoid out precious pyramid! Can you imagine trying to do that while your pants are around your ankles?

Roger.

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Wes

hey wes

show us the pic.of your tent blowing accross the lake lol.mmmm wonder who told me that one.

arvey

That was a few years before these photos. I was too pissed to take a photo of that one. I take it, you know Tom?

I also pulled the rip cord out of 2 motors that day.

Roger, that is just mean...hahaha

I have a similar story. Before I tell it, just in case that guy is a member of this board, I want to say I had nothing to do with this...

Picture this, Arrow Lake, 1993?????

I think this was a Saturday night. Some one picked up one of the crappers and moved it back a couple feet. The hole was right in front of the door opening. You can guess what happen next. Some poor soul wanted to do the right thing and use the crapper instead of the bush. No one seen or heard from stinky for the rest of the weekend. We think he walked home because the people he came with never saw him either. The guy that was with him when he fell in said he was waist deep.

arvey

That was a few years before these photos. I was too pissed to take a photo of that one. I take it, you know Tom?

I also pulled the rip cord out of 2 motors that day.

Roger, that is just mean...hahaha

I have a similar story. Before I tell it, just in case that guy is a member of this board, I want to say I had nothing to do with this...

Picture this, Arrow Lake, 1993?????

I think this was a Saturday night. Some one picked up one of the crappers and moved it back a couple feet. The hole was right in front of the door opening. You can guess what happen next. Some poor soul wanted to do the right thing and use the crapper instead of the bush. No one seen or heard from stinky for the rest of the weekend. We think he walked home because the people he came with never saw him either. The guy that was with him when he fell in said he was waist deep.

i know tom but it wasn't him,anyway the out house story was a good one.but if it happened to me i'd be looking for revenge.

arvey

Some Old Guy

We did the outhouse trick when we were kids.

Saw a young woman, she was pretty drunk, walk into the hole. She was sloshing around and gagging. That was mean of us to do. The things ya do as kids....

As for stinky....... How deep was the hole. Maybe he's still in there?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Wes

hey wes

arvey

OK it was bugging me so I got Tom on the case. He whipped out his CSI kit and got to work.

So.... Shed roof leak yet? HAHA

arvey

OK it was bugging me so I got Tom on the case. He whipped out his CSI kit and got to work.

So.... Shed roof leak yet? HAHA

good one haha. thanks for the help otherwise those 2 would still be up there like a cat stuck in a tree.

arvey

Guest Wes

My pleasure. I needed to shake the cob webs out before I did my own roof. It has been a few years since my roofing days.