• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Resource Pimp

One less meat processor to choose from

RatherBeFishin

Heaven forbid some good pure moose or deer meat comes in contact with the steriod injected antibiotic filled farm raised cattle !! 🤣

• Thanks 1

toma-hawk

This could be the beginning of the end of butchering wild game at the butchers,just another way the antis are winning,same problem down east a few years ago 

Rick

fishingfinn

From what I understand after reading the article, the owner, Kevin Doyle, essentially tampered with and/or relocated evidence.  This has nothing to do with anti-hunters and government regulations.  

The inspectors, the release states, "ordered the removal of all wild game from the cooler, and placed detention stickers on the meat carcasses and served a Notice of Detention" to owner Kevin Doyle. This was done "to identify the affected meat and allow the inspectors to examine the domestic beef and pork for signs of contamination from the wild game."

Doyle, the ministry said, told the inspectors he understood the Notice of Detention and signed the detention document.

Two days later, inspectors returned to the plant and discovered "the detained meat had been moved and interfered with." 

The ministry said Doyle later admitted he personally moved the meat within the cooler, and personally removed some of the detained meat.

Doyle told Tbnewswatch that during wild game season, for about the past 20 years, the company has made sausage for clients. "You bring your deer in, we process it," for sausage, he said.

But the practice will now end, Doyle said, because "they changed the rules so much on us."

So Kevin Doyle completely incriminated himself and admitted to wrong-doing, and then blames the government for "changing the rules on us."  

• Like 1

TroutHunter

Does anyone know who is left in town that will process wild game?? I've heard The Commissary and Bogdalas are the only ones processing.

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

robbo
12 hours ago, fishingfinn said:

So Kevin Doyle completely incriminated himself and admitted to wrong-doing, and then blames the government for "changing the rules on us."  

I think you are grouping two separate issues here.

He admits to moving the wild game but no reason is given.  Possibly it was to seperate it from the commercial meats, which is what the infraction was?  Or perhaps it was to gain freezer space for additional meat arriving so as to avoid further cross contamination?  The article does not answer his actions.

As for the changing the rules blame, Kevin is not using that to excuse his admittedly wrongdoings (moving the meat in question).  The way I read and understand it is that he has chosen to discontinue processing wild game.  The reason inferred is he finds it not worth his business to stay ahead of safe food handling law changes imposed on butchers who choose to process both commercial and wild meats.

So where this instance may not be a direct result from anti-hunting protests, it most definitely stems from government regulation.  And regulations are generally being changed through the lobbying efforts of some group or another.

As far as I'm concerned, I agree with Ratherbefishin.  Hopefully I don't have any tainted deer in my freezer.  That commercially processed meat can carry some nasty stuff with it!

going fishing is okay, going catching is great!

toma-hawk

I was on the executive of OFAH a number of years ago.and this problem came up down east,it  did.

all started with a lobby group lobbying for change.We were kind of left alone up here until now,these lobby groups are lobbying the gov. constantly. that is why I commented on the subject the way I did. 

Rick

Red_Nuck

I hope they decide to stay in the business, this was my favorite place to go! If anyone knows off any decent butchers who do house calls for deer please let me know.