• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toma-hawk

Blue light flash light for fly tying

toma-hawk

Watched a video where a tyer shone this light on the dubbing he was using, and also the head cement,glue for eyes.Can anyone tell me what that does for the fly?Thanks in advance,               Rick

toma-hawk

Thanks snowball for the informative video, not sure if I will use this  in my fly tying but will investigate it farther,

Rick

TroutHunter

I use Loon head cement to finish off some of my whip finishes, add a bit of durability to the tie in points of materials, create shell backs, and create heads on various flies.  This particular brand carries head cements in various viscosities that will only cure when hit with the UV light.  I find it very useful to add some durability to flies.  

Here's the kit i picked up.... 

https://loonoutdoors.com/collections/fly-tying/products/uv-fly-tying-kit

Tight lines

• Like 2

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

summer-run

Living on the west coast now. I use Loon knot sense on all the chronomids that I tie. Not only does it add extreme durability to the fly it also adds a little shine and weight to the fly to get it down to the desired depth a little quicker while fishing under a strike indicator! 

I always add a little dab to all my knots that I tie when building or adding to my leaders. Slides through the guides much easier, Buy the largest UV light that you can find, I think Loon has 2 sizes, buy the larger one,

Cheers!

toma-hawk

Thanks for the info summer-run , mykissville BC , nice place,

you lucky bugger , lol

Rick