• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

levi64

Trail Camera

levi64

My old Moultrie 80 finally gave up the ghost on me. It took great day and night pics, quick trigger good range. I'm looking for another and there are so many to chose from I'm asking you guys what you have and if your happy with it.  I've googled and checked reviews but alot of online reviews say one thing and another review says the opposite. I'd rather hear from actual users and what they think of their cameras. I'm not spending 600 on a recon though.  Just looking for something for my deer plot, good range, quick triger, good night pics, not too many false pics. I don't use video. Thanks

Kaptain Kirk

Moutree have been my choice last few years. And I haven’t had any issues 

levi64

I bought another Stealth cam, I have two and they just don't take the  night pics as well as  the Moultrie, they seem to wash out right in front of the camera.  I think i'll pick up another Moultire when they go on sale.

arvey

Presently I have 3 cameras 2 are Moultrie 1 a Cabelas all take good pics. night or day. The 1 Moultrie is old school takes 6 d cell batteries  big bulky , has the flash but the night pics. are really good . As you can see. 

post-110-1257019999.jpg

Nnev

looks like you scared the crap out that monster!!!!

I'm a moultree guy. They seem to be the most reliable. I had issues with one not getting power and they replaced it for me for without  having me send the broken one back. I ripped that broken one apart and re soldered some wires and she came back to life.

arvey
5 minutes ago, Nnev said:

looks like you scared the crap out that monster!!!!

I'm a moultree guy. They seem to be the most reliable. I had issues with one not getting power and they replaced it for me for without  having me send the broken one back. I ripped that broken one apart and re soldered some wires and she came back to life.

I had trouble with my first Moultrie the old school one wouldn't put pics. on the sd card but would still put them on the camera memory. Sent it back and got 2 new ones can't remember if it was still under warranty. As for scaring him you might be right but they got use to the flash even had pics. of them fighting , wish I still had them i'd post .

Buck 120

I use a unseal Trophy Cam and absolutely love the quality day or night.  I can select picture, video or a hybrid of both.  These are recent pictures.

09060142.JPG

09070175.JPG

09090225.JPG

09090234.JPG

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Nnev

Moultree 999i was cheap for a little while. The LCD screen is handy to review on the fly.

Wish I had a beauty buck to show you guys but my cam has only been up for a few weeks.

Night:

Day: 

RatherBeFishin

Beuty day video ! 

I have an older moultrie a newer a30 moultrie and a bushnell 

seem ok. But some blurry shots here and there. First pic is sept 13th. Months wrong. Oops. 

CAC6E607-AF63-40BA-B75D-2D97823EBECC.thumb.png.edcacf383f391fe65f5c801a12952955.png5E290396-BAFE-415C-A43D-0AD75D3257BA.thumb.jpeg.9a2c5d810e1283e5517f4c8c2d8dec17.jpegA3EB8F69-EB6D-487B-ACF8-07DFBB0A9867.thumb.png.f0cca8875f00411932c64d8aeeec2287.png

Nnev

Those are beauty pics! How do you even decide where to drop a cam looking for moose?

RatherBeFishin

May have just got lucky. Put two cams in the same spots last year and this year in the moose cut i hunt. Have them on small tote roads between cuts, seems as if they like to use the small bush roads lots. Got many of bulls on camera. May try some synthetic cow urine or salt block , would like to get some better angles to tell how many are different. Some get pretty hard to tell with just broadside pics. Plus just passing by so usually only 2 pics. However now seeing your videos i may throw one on video. 

Nnev
On 9/18/2018 at 12:09 PM, RatherBeFishin said:

May have just got lucky. Put two cams in the same spots last year and this year in the moose cut i hunt. Have them on small tote roads between cuts, seems as if they like to use the small bush roads lots. Got many of bulls on camera. May try some synthetic cow urine or salt block , would like to get some better angles to tell how many are different. Some get pretty hard to tell with just broadside pics. Plus just passing by so usually only 2 pics. However now seeing your videos i may throw one on video. 

Video's are pretty neat while it's warm out but as a word of warning as soon as the temps drop they chew the batteries pretty bad. I'll switch to pictures as soon as the temp drops below zero more consistently.