• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wopfisher

Dead moose found

hunt or be hunted

I drove past this sat morning and seen the Moose, ended up running into the CO's later that evening out for birds and they told us the Moose didn't spoil and was still suitable for consuming so a couple of Armstrong residents passing by stopped and took it home with them while the COs where their, still a same it was shot but at least it didn't go to waste. 

• Like 1

Nnev

Now this was out of season so there is no excuse however if you shoot the wrong moose it's not that big of a deal and I'm not sure people realize that. Mistakes happen in life. A person I know when starting out shot what he thought was a cow but turned out to be a bull. The unicorn horn it had grew up 2 inches and out 2 more inches tucked behind the ear. Upon realizing what happened he self reported to the MNR, the animal was gutted and meat was given away to whatever groups needed it. His fine was only $300 but he had to give up his tag. This pales in comparison to the thousands of $$ and loss of license, retaking the course etc etc that happens if you get caught. Not to mention the reputation it gives all the responsible people who own up to their mistakes. Just own up to your errors and stop making us all look bad.

• Like 1

RN54

wasn't Armstrong residents ,people from thunder bay going out bird hunting ,saw dead animal called co's ,they did their investigation finding bullet and casing from 308 ,offered animal to them

hunt or be hunted

Well I'll correct that last post I made, it was people from Thunder Bay that took the Moose afterwards as I know who they are, they were actully heading up into the bush to help their son remove a bull moose they got that morning with their bow, the Moose kill has already been reported at 5am by the residant who lives at walkinshaw, on their way back from helping their son remove their Moose they stopped at the illegal kill site and yes that when the CO's gave it to them, but this is very interesting, after the CO's left while the 2 gentleman were loading the Moose into the truck, a another truck pulled over with 2 first nation males getting out claiming the Moose was THEIRS, a confrontation did occur but the 2 males ended up taking off in their truck. 

RN54

shorthorn and crew got the bull Friday ,parents make a yearly visit too camp and cook them breakfast, heard about the natives stopping and DAVIS VEBECK s

uggested they give them a quarter natives left

hunt or be hunted

Okay 👌 thanks for the clarification