• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

bigbrookie

Steelhead 2019

bigbrookie
20 hours ago, Deep said:

I must have been late. I went around 7pm and there was 4 guys none of us caught while i was there. I've never caught a steelhead tho. Maybe I'm just bad. Haha

Morning is best right now, fish is occasionally caught in the evening, none that I have seen personally though

Hurketthunter

Did anyone have any luck this weekend? I headed east of town and found all the rivers running high and muddy. Fished anyway with zero luck. Hopefully someone did better. 

Hurketthunter

Deep
37 minutes ago, Hurketthunter said:

Did anyone have any luck this weekend? I headed east of town and found all the rivers running high and muddy. Fished anyway with zero luck. Hopefully someone did better. 

Hurketthunter

I just came back from the Mackenzie out by the golf course. Almost everyone unasked saidnthey caught atleast one. Saw one jump myself aswell didint fish tho. Sun was going down everyone was leaving. I'll be going out to the macintyre tomorrow for sunrise.

• Like 1

bigbrookie

I'll see you there :)

Zackcorbin1401

Went out sunday to the mac 5:30 am and there was many people hard to get a decent spot

oyo
34 minutes ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

Went out sunday to the mac 5:30 am and there was many people hard to get a decent spot

Macintyre or macenzie? I find macenzie really doesn’t have any room once now than one or two anglers show up?

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401
5 minutes ago, oyo said:

Macintyre or macenzie? I find macenzie really doesn’t have any room once now than one or two anglers show up?

macintyre 

bigbrookie

Is it worth going in the evening or are the fish still being caught mainly in the morning

Zackcorbin1401

Mornings have been primetime

fishman1
5 hours ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

Went out Sunday to the Mac, 11 am and there were not many people and easy to get a decent spot.

unbedable
11 hours ago, Zackcorbin1401 said:

keep mentioning times, runs and spots and you wonder why it gets busy lol🤔 

• Like 4

bigbrookie
18 minutes ago, unbedable said:

keep mentioning times, runs and spots and you wonder why it gets busy lol🤔 

True lol 😂

oyo

Good words! Given only a few rivers in town and the fact that most of the other close ones to town have quite a bit of private property around them is it surprising the rivers in town get busy! Like you said, don't need the forum to see all the parked cars and people fishing. Even if you didnt know morning was prime time, who would want to fish the in town rivers in the evening given the high number of transient people walking around those areas.

Personally, I appreciate the posts, gives me a good idea when I can head out of town and start catching fish I'd feel safe eating.

Bobber Down

clea.jpg

• Haha 1

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Oyo,

Is that a local picture?

kbrest

Of course it is, its McVickar Creek.

oyo
3 hours ago, 2112 said:

Oyo,

Is that a local picture?

No it’s somewhere from the states. But I’ll be honest man, I grew up in downtown Toronto and I never thought about needles until I moved here. They seem to be everywhere, especially parks and public areas, (the school near me fenced off their entire property from public access due to a needle incident during class hours). I used to walk everywhere back home, anytime I tried walking around town here I usually ended up going for a jog because someone didn’t like my answer regarding their question for change or smokes.

it would be nice if the only steel head in this city were fish not needles. 

I grew up in southern ontario too and only saw maybe 2 or 3 needles ever and here you definitely need to be on the lookout. I always pick up litter but I'm not about to pick up a needle to toss it out. City of Thunder Bay may eventually have to take an initiative to specifically target bio hazard clean up. Only a matter of time till you catch a fish nodding and strung out haha

oyo

Bingo, I feel nervous when I let my kid jump in puddles in the laneway, the needles here seem to be everywhere. Ditto on the fish being on the drugs, its only a matter of time before we see someone post a picture of a chromer that snagged a needle while being reeled in.

Salmon-cocaine-MAIN.jpg

• Haha 2

arvey

McVickar Cr. has always been a hangout for that element of people , before the drug craze it was booze and it wasn't uncommon to see a bunch sitting under a tree share a bottle of wine. I never got bothered other than hey buddy want a shot or got any smokes . Sometimes you'd see someone filling up a wine bottle with water then mix it with rubbing alcohol and shake it turned milky use to be called moose milk . There are many parts of town you'll find needles and i'm sure in Southern Ontario has those areas too.

James01

Arvey,  its called "babash" now (nonpalatable alcohol with water) ... I work with that population, so I don't mind seeing them. Many of them are quite interesting and they keep people away from some of my favorite fishing spots. ;)

Truth be told, most of the people being referred to are still drinking  and not overly responsible for the needles. They do tend to litter though, but so do a lot of the anglers along the river - I sometimes bring a bag with me to pick up garbage. I should do it more than I do.

But, I get everybody's concern ... and I too don't like being harassed. 

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Beaver

I agree litter sucks. People suck. Thats what happens when snow melts...

What ever happened to talking about fishing for steelhead? 

Cheers all🍻

Beaver